Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chem trails

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Are we in Room 101?
    You don't know what "Room 101" is, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭IrelandSpirit

Zulu wrote: »
    You don't know what "Room 101" is, do you?

"You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world."

George Orwell Nineteen Eighty-Four

Thought we shouldnt trust mainstream media? Maybe this is the disinfo everyone keeps talking about and theres no such thing as chemtrails.

Nope, don't trust it, but I do trust it to hijack, and spin a narrative the way governments dictate when in damage-control mode.

I wish it were just dissinfo and there were no such thing as chemtrails......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

bonkey wrote: »
    High-altitude dispersal is a poor way to distribute...well...anything, really.

One of the best-documented cases of atmospheric dispersal would be Chernobyl...and its pretty amazing to read how far things spread. Belarus...Russia...Sweden...Finland....Ireland...the list goes on.

So when people see what they think are chemtrails overhead, one thing you can say with almost-certainty is that whatever-it-is is not going to land on you. It'll land miles away...perhaps hundreds or even thousands of miles away...some hours or days later.

Exactly. It's not that I think drugging or poisoning the population doesn't happen. It's just that if it does, then it will be in a cost-effective and inconspicuous way. Noone is going to paint the sky with evidence and piggyback on ads for specsavers.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

A 737 is a 737, what changes?
    Engines.

A few years ago, Ryanair flew second-hand 737-100 (or maybe -200?) airplanes. These had low-bypass turbofan engines mounted directly to the wings, and were noisy and dirty as hell.

Now the entire Ryanair fleet consists of modern 737-8AF aircraft, with high-bypass turbofans mounted on pylons, which are quieter, cleaner, and much more fuel-efficient.

On an aside to this discussion: I've spent the last few weeks in Chile, and I haven't seen any chemtrails here. Not one, at all.

Why is that? Because I haven't seen any contrails.

Why are there no contrails in a country that is 5000km long, and depends heavily on air travel to get from one part of the country to another? Because there are no clouds. The skies here are brilliantly blue and clear (at least for the most part, in those parts of the country I've been in), so the atmospheric conditions don't lend themselves to the formation of clouds - or contrails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Nope, don't trust it, but I do trust it to hijack, and spin a narrative the way governments dictate when in damage-control mode.

I wish it were just dissinfo and there were no such thing as chemtrails......

It's very hard for a government to control the media. The chinese do it by only having a few state-owned broadcasters and they have heavy censorship. The russian state buys up a controlling interest in every formerly independent media organisation and kills people who report on stuff they don't like. Despite that, the truth gets out.

The point I'm getting at, is that in countries like ours (white english-speaking) we do in fact have quite a free press. I can guarantee you that the Telegraph's expences scandal was not sanctioned by the government for example. Media is a business and business only cares about money. They make money by selling advertising space and by subscriptions (includes people paying for a paper). They are not all given their news from above. If I'm not mistaken, Rupert Murdoch has actually switched allegiance in England and is actually anti-government. Yes, yes, I know he's just backing the right horse but it does demonstrate that the news is not controlled by the government. Sorry to take the thread kinda off-topic but this is one of my pet-peeves regarding CT discussions. Actually we should probably have a thread on the relationship between governments and the media if there hasn't been one already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

So that news report you posted, is that evidence of barium in chemtrails, or is it damage control. And how did you figure out which it is, see as its a double guess.

Exactly. It's not that I think drugging or poisoning the population doesn't happen. It's just that if it does, then it will be in a cost-effective and inconspicuous way. Noone is going to paint the sky with evidence and piggyback on ads for specsavers.

This is the thing, and I'm glad you keep bringing it up every now and again.

If we can all just at least agree that chemtrail are not contrails, and that as you say, although governments (elements of) don't seem to have a problem drugging or poisoning populations, there are perhaps more efficient and low-profile methods, we might get a better perspective on what exactly the first target is here.

I wouldn't discount the poisoning aspect outright though, I still stand on the opinion that it is a mulit-pronged operation, and they would take full advantage of any opportunity that arises...

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Engines.

A few years ago, Ryanair flew second-hand 737-100 (or maybe -200?) airplanes. These had low-bypass turbofan engines mounted directly to the wings, and were noisy and dirty as hell.

Now the entire Ryanair fleet consists of modern 737-8AF aircraft, with high-bypass turbofans mounted on pylons, which are quieter, cleaner, and much more fuel-efficient.

On an aside to this discussion: I've spent the last few weeks in Chile, and I haven't seen any chemtrails here. Not one, at all.

Why is that? Because I haven't seen any contrails.

Why are there no contrails in a country that is 5000km long, and depends heavily on air travel to get from one part of the country to another? Because there are no clouds. The skies here are brilliantly blue and clear (at least for the most part, in those parts of the country I've been in), so the atmospheric conditions don't lend themselves to the formation of clouds - or contrails.

Not sure about that, about the atmospheric conditions don't lend themselves to the formation of clouds - never been to Chile but I know there's lakes there, and rivers, and glacial mountains.. and oh god, brilliantly clear blue skies you say?

But you do realise that brilliantly blue skies are a sign of pollution? Only messing. I'd read years ago that South America, China, South East Asia and Africa were not not reporting chemtrails, which led some CTeres to speculate that perhaps chemtrails were some kind of airborne vaccination program. In other words, wipe out sections of the worlds most populated areas with some weaponised virus, take their resources and keep us 'whities' safe...

But if that was the plan, they had enough time by now, you'd think... how much is a one-way ticket to Santiago?

Not sure about that, about the atmospheric conditions don't lend themselves to the formation of clouds - never been to Chile but I know there's lakes there, and rivers, and glacial mountains..
    At this time of year, the rivers and lakes are pretty much exclusively fed by melt-water from the Andean snows. It just doesn't rain in much of the country in summer, because there just aren't any clouds.
    ...how much is a one-way ticket to Santiago?
    That's a sort of a touchy subject right now. The short answer is, if you're forced by circumstances to buy a business-class ticket, it costs a hell of a lot. Don't ask me how I know... :(

• Advertisement

oh man, I knew that was too good to be true! Google chemtrails chile, see what I mean...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYVFiCNnWtI

And they've coulds there too...

oscarBravo wrote: »
    At this time of year, the rivers and lakes are pretty much exclusively fed by melt-water from the Andean snows. It just doesn't rain in much of the country in summer, because there just aren't any clouds. That's a sort of a touchy subject right now. The short answer is, if you're forced by circumstances to buy a business-class ticket, it costs a hell of a lot. Don't ask me how I know... :(

Maybe it's because it was summer, no chemtrails, but I'm not altogether convinced that is the case. We get them here in the summer too (i know that's not sayin much) and in Europe and all over the planet as far as I can tell, and with varied atmospheric conditions...

(Thanks for the tip, I've friends there I've been promising to visit. Not bc then)

oh man, I knew that was too good to be true! Google chemtrails chile, see what I mean...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYVFiCNnWtI

And they've coulds there too...
    You'll notice that that video is from Puerto Montt, which is waay down south. Cooler climate, clouds - and contrails. Which goes to further emphasise the point that weather conditions which favour the formation of clouds also favour the formation of contrails.
    Maybe it's because it was summer, no chemtrails, but I'm not altogether convinced that is the case. We get them here in the summer too (i know that's not sayin much) and in Europe and all over the planet as far as I can tell, and with varied atmospheric conditions...
    ...and always in atmospheric conditions that favour the formation of thin, high-level clouds. Doesn't that tell you anything?
    (Thanks for the tip, I've friends there I've been promising to visit. Not bc then)
    Oh believe me, if there's any way you can afford a business class ticket, or blag an upgrade, go for it. It's the only way to fly a 13-hour overnight flight - being able to lie fully horizontal is worth whatever you can afford to pay for it. I got stuck in Heathrow and was faced with the choice of either paying four grand for two one-way tickets, or skipping the whole trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭Black Uhlan

I know feck all about chem(con)trails but apparently there were multiple reports of planes dispersing crap onto the people from afar in the days leading up to the outbreak of the plague in Ukraine
    http://fto.co.za/news/airplanes-sprayed-mysterious-substance-ukraine-days-pneumonic-plague-outbreak-2009110615732

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SkyWatcher

I know feck all about chem(con)trails but apparently there were multiple reports of planes dispersing crap onto the people from afar in the days leading up to the outbreak of the plague in Ukraine
    http://fto.co.za/news/airplanes-sprayed-mysterious-substance-ukraine-days-pneumonic-plague-outbreak-2009110615732

Thats very interseting even though we both know some smart ass will come along now and try prove you wrong even though you already admitted to knowing nothing about it lol...i hate those ppl...Look if you wanna get a whole different outlook on life at the moment just keep SkyWatchin pal...its working for me, ive been skywatching for a few months and ive seen so much, im gonna buy a good hd digi camcorder soon and post my vids........PEACE!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭wingsof daun

But you do realise that brilliantly blue skies are a sign of pollution? Only messing. I'd read years ago that South America, China, South East Asia and Africa were not not reporting chemtrails, which led some CTeres to speculate that perhaps chemtrails were some kind of airborne vaccination program. In other words, wipe out sections of the worlds most populated areas with some weaponised virus, take their resources and keep us 'whities' safe...

Yes. They have to keep some of us alive to do their dirty work, as usual, it goes back as far as when we built the pyramids for them. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Yes. They have to keep some of us alive to do their dirty work, as usual, it goes back as far as when we built the pyramids for them. :mad:

News just in...
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/egypt/6962860/Pyramids-not-built-by-slaves.html

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭wingsof daun

That has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, it is a useless piece of tribe. I never said they were slaves that built them, it doesn't matter, they were still built for the elites.

Advertisement