Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Speeds

Options
  • 20-11-2007 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just after doing a speed test on my USB broadband, I have full coverage so I was just wondering if I was getting good speeds.

Problem is....I dont understand the results!!

Can anyone explain for me is my result good or bad??

Thanks

[IMG][/img]204193930.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

dlambirl wrote: »
    Hey,

Just after doing a speed test on my USB broadband, I have full coverage so I was just wondering if I was getting good speeds.

Problem is....I dont understand the results!!

Can anyone explain for me is my result good or bad??

Thanks

[IMG][/img]204193930.png
    If you're with three broadband then your download speeds are pretty good compared to what many other users were getting up to recently(many were reporting dial-up speeds)! However, your upload speed is pretty terrible but 57kb seems to be the default upload speed for 3 as i've seen that result many times from other 3 users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

dlambirl wrote: »
    Just after doing a speed test on my USB broadband,

3G broadband I presume, not USB broadband. USB is an interface through which you can connect many types of broadband modem.

Speed depends on the provider and signal strength will not necessarily be related to the speed you get. I've gotten 3Mbps with 1 bar HSDPA, currently I have full HSDPA but am only getting 700kbps down, 300kbps up.

Speeds will depend on how many users are in the cell and whether the provider is traffic shaping or restricting you in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I've just done another test this morning and the download speed is not as good.... should i get rid of the 3 broadband?

[IMG][/img]204396048.png

If i leave back my 3 BB and take out the o2 as a trial and it is not as good coverage in my area will i be able to take out the contract with 3 again?

Advertisement