Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling car privately

Options
  • 20-11-2007 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi, Apologies if this has been discussed anywhere else. Im wondering if anyone knows of a guide on how to sell a car private, or if they have any advice. Im wondering about things like how to deal with safe payment, registration, safety etc. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

Payment: bank draft

Paperwork: fill out vlc in front of buyer, but you post it yourself. do not give it to buyer

Safety: bring a mate with you if you want extra security

EVGR wrote: »
    Hi, Apologies if this has been discussed anywhere else. Im wondering if anyone knows of a guide on how to sell a car private, or if they have any advice. Im wondering about things like how to deal with safe payment, registration, safety etc. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Payment: bank draft
    I advise the OP to use the search button.

Bank draft is not the best option without knowing the procedure to use to check it authenticity.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭EVGR

Hello Bluetonic. Nice to hear from you again.

OP tried to search, but the verification code wouldnt work for OP.

I finish as I started, with apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

Bluetonic wrote: »
    I advise the OP to use the search button.

Bank draft is not the best option without knowing the procedure to use to check it authenticity.

Agreed OP should try the search functionality.

The question is, is it easier to verify the authenticity of a draft versus notes? I've always accepted drafts as payment, never had any issues but that's just my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

When my brother sold a car recently he went to the bank with the buyer and did a bank to bank transfer. Surely that's the most secure way?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I accepted a bank draft only last week. I called the issuing bank to confirm it's authenticity.

100% reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I accepted a bank draft only last week. I called the issuing bank to confirm it's authenticity.

100% reliable.

I did same recently and in both ways....

When I sold I got the buyer to send me a scanned copy and when I was buying I sent a scanned copy by email to the seller for them to check its authenticity

Advertisement