Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't imbed photo in Photography forum

Options
  • 20-11-2007 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I'm trying to get a picture to show up in my reply to a thread. In the test section, I can get a link to the picture (which is on Flickr) in the reply, but I can't get the picture itself in the reply. I've read a previous thread in this section re imbedding photos, i.e. the IMG /IMG thing, but to no avail. Where am I going wrong?:confused:

The thread is the "Random photo thread mk II" one if that makes a difference...

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Are you sure you have the tags right? It's [noparse]put link here[/noparse]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Mr. Bones

Are you sure you have the tags right? It's [noparse]put link here[/noparse]

Think so. I've tried it by clicking on the Insert Image icon (the one with the mountains & sun/moon) which prompts me to enter the url of the image. I've also done it manually, i.e. typing out [IMG]http://www.******[/IMG]. Tried using lower case for the img bits as well, but still ain't workin. Would it be anything to do with the fact that i've only recently joined the site, maybe i need to have a certain number of posts before i can post photos?? I'm kinda clueless about these things...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

flickr images, come up as

www.flickr.com/blahblah/1974924280248.jpg?v=0

you need to remove the ?v=0

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mr. Bones wrote: »
    Think so. I've tried it by clicking on the Insert Image icon (the one with the mountains & sun/moon) which prompts me to enter the url of the image. I've also done it manually, i.e. typing out [IMG]http://www.******[/IMG]. Tried using lower case for the img bits as well, but still ain't workin. Would it be anything to do with the fact that i've only recently joined the site, maybe i need to have a certain number of posts before i can post photos?? I'm kinda clueless about these things...

Nope a new user should be able to embed pictures (unless this has been changed). Scroll to the very bottom of the page to the posting rules part. What does it say beside [noparse][img]code [/noparse]? Edit: Looks like cm has it. I must remember that for the future.[/img]

flickr images, come up as

www.flickr.com/blahblah/1974924280248.jpg?v=0

you need to remove the ?v=0

Eh, none of the links to any of my images on Flickr end with ?v=0. Actually, none of them have .jpg at the end either. It's just something like http://www.flickr.com/photos/21071660@N08/2050331691/ . I'm just copying the url from the address bar at the top of the page. Maybe this is where i'm going wrong?

Edit: And it does say that the IMG code is on

• Advertisement

Eh, none of the links to any of my images on Flickr end with ?v=0. Actually, none of them have .jpg at the end either. It's just something like http://www.flickr.com/photos/21071660@N08/2050331691/ . I'm just copying the url from the address bar at the top of the page. Maybe this is where i'm going wrong?

Edit: And it does say that the IMG code is on

Now I know what it is. Right click on the image, then click properties. Copy whatever it says for image location. This is what you need to put between image tags.

Cushion, my friend, you are indeed Almighty:):)

Cushion, my friend, you are indeed Almighty:):)

Votes speak louder than words. Vote for me here and we'll call it even. :D

Done;) (joint second place now, not bad!!)

Done;) (joint second place now, not bad!!)

I'll never get first but meh, second will do me. :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

for anyone else trying to do this,
    you have to click above the image in flickr where it says "all sizes" the pics URL is at the bottom of that page, copy and paste that between the image tags, that way you can select the size of the image you want to display., :)

Advertisement