Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N 95 could but now can't find netopia 3347 NWG

• 20-11-2007 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Finally configured eircom netopia 3347NWG for Smart BB yesterday, and set up N95 to connect through the router.....everything was going fine until an hour ago, when suddenly my N95 can't find the router when it searches for WLAN. It can find my 3 neighbours networks but not mine.

Wireless 'link light' is full green.

I've checked all setting on the routers homepage and all seems fine, my PC connects directly to it via ethernet and works fine.

I've restarted, reset (via paper clip in the back ..) and totally re-configured the router (i.e. followed the steps which got it working in the first place),

I've restarted my n95.......

but it still can't find the router ??????.

(I have no other devices to test whether the problem lies with the phone or the router)

Please help a confused Mr Woods :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

I had this problem with my Netgear - I had to Remove the B/G option and either make it B or G (I can't remember which at the moment and have a splitting headache)

Sorry i have no more info.
    Trig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Mr Woods

Cheers Trig, sorry to hear about the headache :)

B/G option ??? - Excuse my ignorance :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

It's the wireless mode. You usually have a few options here (depending on the type of router) it can be B&G,G,auto 108Mps, etc
    (mine's running G presently)

Previously my N95 would disconnect fairly shortly after making a connection and sometime it wouldn't pick up the signal.

A mate had a similar problem (not sure if his router manufacturer).

Also, we have a Dect phone (Edit: Wireless Phones) system in the house - I had to move this away from the router to make it more stable. Just an afterthought.

Thanks Trig, got it sorted,....

Unchecked enable closed system, N95 started to find router (the obvious solution) however when reenabled, my N95 still didn't find the router in closed sytem mode (bearing in mind both SSIDs matched on N95 and router);

Changed the SSIDs on router and N95, reenabled closed system,N95 still didn't find router in closed system mode;

Restarted router a no of times and finally after a few restarts my N95 started to find the router in closed system mode...............and still does ...........for the moment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭portomar

how is the n95 on wireless?? thinking of getting one on 3. at the risk of someone directing me to the mammoth "3 broadaband - the problems" board, whats it like on their network?? am i right that the network (HSDPA?) used on thier phones isn't the same as for the infamous usb broadband?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭coolio_64

what is the n95 like
    would you recommend one?
    what did you pay for it and what n/w do you use it on

I'd highly highly recommend the N95 (although it is my 3rd one, first two had problems), use with wireless network at home and out and about is fantastic and really handy.

Network : Vodafone Bill

Price :Can't remember, around €419 but moan enough and they give a few free months line rental :) ( got 3 = €207 discount)

Advertisement