Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saeco Odea Go

Options
  • 20-11-2007 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hello Tea and Coffee connaisseurs (I'm using the french spelling cos I'm french :-)

Last christmas in France, I saw this coffee machine (Saeco Odea Go) and after some tasting, falled in love with it. Since, I have been trying to find a distributor in Ireland but no luck. In France, I can get it new on the web for less than 300€ (but then can't bring it back to Ireland, unless it would be ok as a hand luggage with Aerlingus? I doubt it...), however it is a different story from the UK sellers (400£).

Any idea how I could get this in Ireland?

Thanks,
    Yann

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Saeco is distributed in Ireland and the UK by Gaggia. (www.gaggia.uk.com)
    You might have luck with the larger Gaggia stockists in Ireland
    - Brown Thomas or Arnotts might be worth phoning as they might order it in
    for you even if it is not part of their normal stock.

The price in France you quoted is very competitive compared to
    any pricing I've seen in either Ireland or the UK. The Gaggia UK site
    also has an online shop for Saeco equipment and they are quoting
    GBP 404.00; which I think is a good price particularly as it is including
    shipping - I don't think you'll get anyone to ship it from the UK for
    less than GBP 5.00 ! You also have the assurance that you are buying it
    direct from the manufacturer.

If you can get it for the price in France you mentioned, your best option
    might be to have it delivered to a friend/relative in France and then arrange
    your own shipping with a courier separately as you should easily still save
    EUR 150.00 plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bibi-phoque

Thanks, I think I will follow your advice (order it in France and use a courrier to delivered to Ireland).
    I don't really understand the difference in price (~260€ between FR and UK resellers) : http://www.i-comparateur.com/acheter-x10p0037164.htm

Can't wait for this machine! My alternative for the past 2 years has been to use an italian coffee machine (on the hob), and I get the beans from my cousin in France (my favorite is the "italian mix").

Thanks,
    Yann

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭banaco73

you will get one on

http://www.espressocoffeeshop.com/store/saeco_odea_go.html

€439.00 Inc Shipping

If you have a registered vat number you can deduct 20% and you will only pay the price less the Italian Vat Rate of 20%

I got my machine from them in 48 hours

Doh! I should have waited...I just ordered mine from the french website, now I need to find a way to bring it back to Ireland...Would have been more straight forward to buy it from your website (even if it's 39€ more).

Doh again.

Yann
    banaco73 wrote: »
    you will get one on

http://www.espressocoffeeshop.com/store/saeco_odea_go.html

€439.00 Inc Shipping

If you have a registered vat number you can deduct 20% and you will only pay the price less the Italian Vat Rate of 20%

I got my machine from them in 48 hours

Sorry, I read this one too fast. The difference is not 39€, it's 150€ (mine cost 289€). However now I have the hassle to bring it back to Ireland. A guy on this forum offered to do that(traveling from France to Ireland), so it might be a happy ending at this end (delivered before Christmas :-)

Thanks,
    Yann

• Advertisement
Advertisement