Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on Amplifier to Buy to suit the following...

• 21-11-2007 12:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase an amplifier for my sitting room. I recently purchased some Paradigm speakers from the states and I would like to connect my plasmam,DVD, Archos Player, Sky+ and Ipod all into one system. My budget is approx €1000. Can anyone recommend something they have used? I also need to purchase a subwoofer to get the best surround sound.

I was looking at the Pioneer VSXA4ASi but my knowledge on this stuff is limited any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Have a look at the Onkyo range of amps. Fantastic value. Just got the 905 myself. Anything from the 605 up will do a great job for you. Sub wise, check out SVS and BK Monolith. Two of the best brands of subs out there. You'll probably have to import from UK for the equipment listed above though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

I recently got the Onkyo 805 + AE Aego T speakers. This can sound staggering. With your Paradigms I couldn't see you being disappointed with an Onkyo. Does all the new HD sound formats. Got a Toshiba HD-EP35 on order, can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭jasgrif11

Thanks Guys I think I'm sold on the 905, I've been reading the specs and reviews for the last few hours. Where did yee buy? and roughly what price?

Thanks
    J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

jasgrif11 wrote: »
    Thanks Guys I think I'm sold on the 905, I've been reading the specs and reviews for the last few hours. Where did yee buy? and roughly what price?

Thanks
    J
    Bought it from richer sounds belfast. Cost a whopping £1300 + £10 for delivery so that's over €1800!!! Beast of a machine though. Very big and heavy and needs a lot of space to breath as it runs very hot. Heats room so you'll save on central heating!

Advertisement