Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty 4

Options
  • 21-11-2007 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭

Serious lack of a thread for this..

I didn't expect much but what I got was one of the best (and shortest) FPS campaigns ... ever. 6-7 hours of pure brilliance, wonderful graphics and design aswell, and a nice story to boot.

I've heard the MP is excellent to. Wonderful game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Check the Playstation, xbox and Call of Duty forums...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I thought this was a lot better than crysis,much preferred cod4,I stopped playing crysis have way through because I got pissed off with it :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, there's no thread.. but there is a call of duty forum....
    --edit

damnit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I thought this was a lot better than crysis,much preferred cod4,I stopped playing crysis have way through because I got pissed off with it :mad:

Yeah, I'm considering doing the same...
    As soon as the
    zero gravity
    part of Crysis started, the game went to ****e, and the following area is waaaaay too graphics intensive (I had to switch everything to low to make it playable...:confused:)
    Looking forward to getting into CoD4 when my order finally arrives from cdwow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

tman wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm considering doing the same...
    As soon as the
    zero gravity
    part of Crysis started, the game went to ****e, and the following area is waaaaay too graphics intensive (I had to switch everything to low to make it playable...:confused:)
    Looking forward to getting into CoD4 when my order finally arrives from cdwow

So jealous of you :mad:. I wish I hadn't finsihed CoD before starting on Crysis. For me CoD was so much more enjoyable than Crysis is so far. Crysis does have its enjoyable bits, its just that the frustrating parts seem to outnumber them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭Joeface

Didn't want to start another COD 4 thread so I will use this one

Hosted a Lan this weekend with the intention of finding out if Crysis and COD4 were any way close to the Bench mark for all online and Lan gameplay that is BF2 and its mods. Doesn't matter if your a fan or not But BF2 is the best.

16 Players

Started with COD 4

Gameplay is excellent , and one hardly misses the Vehicles , weapons are perfect, played all the Team Deathmatch and also Free for all . Have to say its right up there with BF2 in the gameplay deparment. I do believe it will suffer as a game with more players , The maps are small and about 20 is all u would really want on a game otherwise it would be come crowded.played this straight for about 5hours

Then Came Crysis

MY GOD THE MAPS ARE BIG. I Ran Walked and Drove for 5 min before I saw anyone ....U start with just a hand Gun, come on!!. its too big for too few so I cant give it a proper review , Maybe 30 players the maps might fill up abit.Its predessor FarCry had some large maps but it also had the small maps like Radio.I was very disappointed with Crysis , just seems to have forgotten the Gameplay and put in Beautifull scenery instead. Ended this misery and went straight back to COD4 for an other 5 hours

COD 4 Multiplayer 8/10

Crysis Multiplayer (well since were limited in number i cant give a fair assement but from what i saw ) 2/10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Joeface wrote: »
    Didn't want to start another COD 4 thread so I will use this one

you should of really started another thread. Plus are all the maps huge?

Why not just use the simple sandbox editor and design your own level

• Registered Users Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭Joeface

well the game is just out and Really dont want to spend time making maps...As far as I could tell they were all pretty big.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

This game is intense! And imo is better than Crysis gameplaywise although Crysis is great aswell, the modern warefare theme is great and infinity ward deffo delivered a good game, the chernobyol bit of the game is prob the best I've played for a while (Cant beat stalker though :))

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

playing through CoD4 atm. I'm so glad I played Crysis first and then this. Although i'm gutted that my backlog of games are pretty much downhill in quality from here :(

First off, I never really play a game on hard, I don't like to be losing my hair with frustration at the god like enemies, so I usually just leave it at the default setting. Whats great about CoD4 is that it calibrates the difficulty rating for you. First time through the training level and assault course I was recommended to play it on "hardened" one step above normal. Of course it would allow me to lower the difficulty but I felt if the game thinks i'm good enough for hardened, then why not.

At first it was frustrating, as my normal type of gameplay is to explore the level, non chalant, killing baddies along the way, never looking for cover and always running out in the open, rambo style, having all the bullets whizz by me as I take all the baddies out 1 by 1. This time round this isn't even a possibility. At first I regreted increasing the difficulty, but now I think I wouldn't be enjoying the game as much as I am if I hadn't.

Unlike other FPS's i've played there is a real sense of intensity to the battles, something i've always found CoD has been able to pull off flawlessly through the series. There is a real sense of relief when a battle is over as the intensity just keeps rising and rising, and you think its never going to end. When it does there is a real sense of relief and achievement. No other game gives me this. Not MoH, not Crysis, not HL.
    Some notable mentions thus far is when you are holding ground at the ferris wheel waiting for the chopper and there is an endless stream of soldiers and dogs coming at you. Or when at the end of Act II you have to make your way down from the farm to the gas station, using air strikes to clear the way. I actually appreciate that I was forced to replay through these bits a few times to force me to find better cover and aim better, and only move to the next area of cover. The level where you are in camo, sniping people is my favourite thus far. The movements of the person you are with and the dialogue where flawless, graphically that level was very good also. The detailing on the camo gear was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I just watched Aliens on RTE last night and I finally got that reference in CoD4.

When Gaz is about to open the door in the ship level he pulls out a shotgun and says ' I like to keep this handy for close encounters'.

Advertisement