Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

OMG Led Zep

• 21-11-2007 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭

Just been offered a ticket for the concert from a mate in the UK.:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,009 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

galwayrush wrote: »
    Just been offered a ticket for the concert from a mate in the UK.:eek:
    That deserves a :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

Aw! there are no words to describe how jealous i am!! :( Have a ball!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I think I speak for all of us when I say... Where do you live so I can rob you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

GRush,,,

...ahh would ya not just flog it for a few quid and go see RUSH in south america in the new year? hahahahahaha

i luuuuv stiring the pot with me led zep buddies hahaha ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

His mate can't make it due to work, so he asked me if i would be interested,I am still in shock, talk about a dream coming through after almost 30 years since i started listening to Zep. and it's free, only condition, i have to make a full weekend of drinking out of it.:cool My wife isn't talking to me at the moment, something about 6 Rush concerts being enough for me.:D Wait until i tell her about Rush next year,:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Dimithy

I just got the email about the tickets. Still kind of in shock.
    Im supposed to be saving money, and i dont have any holidays to take from work but I couldnt not buy them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Apparently they're touring next year: http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/32664

Astbury said: "We'll be back next year, because we're opening for a band you may have heard of. The name starts with an 'L' and has a 'Z' in it."

Although he could be talking about Limp Bizkit or Lenny Kravitz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Lads here's an inside tip for you. I was talking to a guy a couple of months ago about music & he was telling me he ran the largest merchandising company in the country & he was going to London the following day to sign a contract to produce Led Zepplin shirts etc for their gig here next year...

I asked him where they're playing & he said Croke Park, so how do I know it's for sure I asked, well, he said, we're also doing Celine Dion & westlife there too. They haven't been announced yet so when they are you'll know it's true says he... The gig is supposed to be sep/oct & will be announced in Jan/feb.

You heard it here first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭davejones

iMax wrote: »
    Lads here's an inside tip for you. I was talking to a guy a couple of months ago about music & he was telling me he ran the largest merchandising company in the country & he was going to London the following day to sign a contract to produce Led Zepplin shirts etc for their gig here next year...

I asked him where they're playing & he said Croke Park, so how do I know it's for sure I asked, well, he said, we're also doing Celine Dion & westlife there too. They haven't been announced yet so when they are you'll know it's true says he... The gig is supposed to be sep/oct & will be announced in Jan/feb.

You heard it here first

Nice one i hope its true!

• Advertisement

davejones wrote: »
    Nice one i hope its true!

Fantastic, here's hoping.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Meh, I love Led Zep, but I also love cheese and am always careful to comsume it by its 'sell-by' date.

Their London show is being hyped out of all proportions to the extent that it's bound to disappoint.

I saw them at the "Atlantic at 40" bash in 1988 and Jimmy Page could not play, full stop. I've got a rare video of this that LZ have never allowed to be released (same with their disastrous Live Aid appearance).

If I wanna see a bunch of OAPS making out like it's the early 70's then I will pop down my local retirement home at drug-dispensing time.

Led Zep were of their time and are best remembered that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I was reading a post about blokes sheddin tears, and in this instance its perfectly acceptable. I am so close to tears u lucky duck. I would soooo love to go. I love Led Zep sooo much. Darn u, enjoy!:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Led Zep were of their time and are best remembered that way.

but then you have the likes of myself who've been unlucky to born in the god-awful 80s and so never had the chance to see them before... i wouldn't care if they were cack it'd just be a thrill to see 'em.

also i'd be very surprised if they were as bad as at Live Aid. by the sounds of it they are actually practising this time. secondly i think his ego wont let him either...

and besides no one in their right mind would ever expect them to be as good as they were nearly 30 years on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

From this weeks Holy Moly:

Congratulations to Ian Astbury, the Scream-faced singer of The Cult, who announced to the world live on stage that his band would be supporting Led Zeppelin on their world tour next year.
    Yes, that's the world tour that is supposed to be a massive secret until they play their upcoming one-off gig. Having the news broken has made even the Saintly Robert Plant less than pleased, so maybe The Cult will be able to have a nice rest next year after.

10 more days to go:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

That_Guy wrote: »
    I think I speak for all of us when I say... Where do you live so I can rob you.

Thats what I was thinking, although I must admit, Ive never been a big fan of LZ and dont own any of their records. Its certainly going to be a special event for anyone though even if your not a fan of their music you can apprichate the significance.

Advertisement