Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fonthill test route ?

Options
  • 21-11-2007 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭

test on 27th in fonthill centre, route anyone ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I too would like to know the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

yeah , test tomorrow afternoon, anyone done it there ???

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

I did it (and failed it) in Fonthill last January. Can't remember the exact route, but I know I exited the test centre, down to the bottom of the road and out of the industrial estate, second exit off the roundabout and left into a housing estate then back out of there, around the big roundabout (nightmare, 40 foot truck had broken down on the roundabout), up along the N4 and up the slip road past the Foxhunter. Left at the temporary traffic lights at the top (my first failure - line is (or at least was) before the light itself, that was flashing amber as I approached so I paused just before swinging out as visibility was crap to my right and was told that I'd failed because as I paused the light turned red. The light was slightly behind me at this point). Anyway, left there and into Lucan and around loads of little roundabouts and housing estates where I did the turnabout and reverse around the corner and then back out onto the new road beside the Penny Hill pub (second failure there - speed limit is 50 but no signs were up so I assumed it was 60 and was keen to show I knew where 4th gear was). Then back through some more housing estates and to the test centre.

Try to get a couple of pre-tests with an instructor familiar with the route before you do the test; worked like a charm for me when I resat the test in Tallaght in May (1 blue and 1 green fault).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

its cool I got it woop, and i can confirm that is indded the route above ^^^ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

It brings you through Lucan? Ha... might know the area... :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement