Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car insurance at 17?

Options
  • 21-11-2007 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Im a 17 Year Old male.Does anyone know where the cheapest place to get car insurance is?usually?anyone got any good deals?the car would be about 1.2 - 1.4 L engine?cheers:):D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Quinn are usually quite good.

However, you will probably still pay an arm and a leg for insurance. I'd stick with a 1 litre or less sized engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

stainluss wrote: »
    Im a 17 Year Old male.Does anyone know where the cheapest place to get car insurance is?usually?anyone got any good deals?the car would be about 1.2 - 1.4 L engine?cheers:):D

Q1. What year is the car?
    Q2. Have you a Full or prov licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Try Quinns online quote but i've a feeling it won't quote you on line ...your probably looking at least 3500 i'd say and the rest depending on the status of your licence

IMO 17 is pretty young to be driving, but thats just me.

Curiousity got the better of me. I got a quote for a 1.2 corsa for a 17 M for 2605 thats pretty good.

cdlv2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Im 18 and I payed €1850 on a 1.9...my own policy and I've a full licence obviously. No full year named driving experience either.

Personally I'd never take out a policy with a provisional licence but some people dont have a choice I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

I don't think posting your personal details on a public forum is a great idea, just post the quote

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I think Paul Kelly is his John Doe!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

2,600 is a lot!! Where does a 17 year old get that sort of money from!!! :eek:

When i started with insurance in Ireland it was never that much, but then i was 20, and it was nearly 10 years ago. Dont know how anyone does it now, true mad prices...

Im paying 200 on a 06 Audi S4 in Slovenia!!! :D

DonJose wrote: »
    I think Paul Kelly is his John Doe!!!

Correct ...wish i was 17 again ;)

deecom wrote: »
    2,600 is a lot!! Where does a 17 year old get that sort of money from!!! :eek:

When i started with insurance in Ireland it was never that much, but then i was 20, and it was nearly 10 years ago. Dont know how anyone does it now, true mad prices...

Im paying 200 on a 06 Audi S4 in Slovenia!!! :D

When i was 17 (7 years ago) it was over IR£4000 for me to be insured on even a Micra in my own name. Thats £4000 Punt!!!! (5079EUR+)!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Try Quinns online quote but i've a feeling it won't quote you on line ...your probably looking at least 3500 i'd say and the rest depending on the status of your licence

Course you think that, but luckily for this chap the government along with many around the world decided that 17 ISNT too young to be driving.

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    Course you think that, but luckily for this chap the government along with many around the world decided that 17 ISNT too young to be driving.

Good god give it a rest. I said IN MY OPINION He can do what he likes and i'm aware of the legislation, thanks.

Hmm....It never rains but it pours....... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Good god give it a rest. I said IN MY OPINION He can do what he likes and i'm aware of the legislation, thanks.

;)

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    ;)

LOL ... if you put as much effort as this into passing your test ,you should have no problem :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Nah,

Going by that we could say the Americans are more responsible for having their drinking age at 21 and the Conto-Europeans are thick for having it at 16 ..

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Shifty wrote: »
    I don't think posting your personal details on a public forum is a great idea, just post the quote

I would agree :)

drdre wrote: »
    I would agree :)

The Details aren't real (any of them) i thought that was pretty clear.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

The Details aren't real (any of them) i thought that was pretty clear.:rolleyes:

Ah i didnt read it clearly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Cheers 4 checking up an posting:DI know 17 is fairly young but I need to start sometime and ive been walking 4 too long now!!In some parts of the US its 14/15+ for a learner permit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Curiousity got the better of me. I got a quote for a 1.2 corsa for a 17 M for 2605 thats pretty good.

Thats very good, my first insurance in 2001 was €2600, 23yr, Full License, on a 1ltr TD Charade.

• Advertisement
Advertisement