Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An idea i need help with.

• 21-11-2007 2:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm wondering if some of you can help me with an idea i have.
    I am a very eco friendly person and have reach my tether with the amount of packaging that gets used to package silly food items that could easily be sold to the consumer in larger wholesale quantities and most definitely for cheaper. I believe there is room for a retailer (like the super-values and tescos) that sells different kinds of products as a refill rather than in a new package.

The image i have in my head is a store i can go into with my specific lightweight and obviously designer containers for my different products and just walk around refilling them with pastas, beans, sauces, even special fridge containers for meets. I see fresh pastas, sauces and all kinds of food products made nationally, I imagine a kind of farmers market idea but with a modern retailing store idea that can compete with the big guns based on the idea that the produce been sold is of high quality and low in bollox packaging. If i see more ketchup packets thrown on the ground outside Don Mac's im going postal ;) I also see in this imaginary store of mine a fresh baked bread section made in store and handed to the customer warm (like superquin) and how about a butcher (not like in tescos) but the kind of butcher that will cut you prime meets with a wink....ha ha, thats good. Also maybe a mediteranian counter with those half cut barrels of olives, oils, sun-dried tomatoes and all those lovely things. And to top my idea off every Sunday and Thursday a Chef will come in to cook at our cooking counter for our customers and show them how to make some lovely healthy recipe's. This would be my ideal food store.

What i need to know is the above realistic or am i to go back to my slumber. The mass public need to change the way they buy foods. There are too many families over weight and unhealthy and to be honest i think its these sales orientated retailers like Tescos and the like that are at fault. Too much packaging and advertising....unnecessary competition. How on earth can the packaging of a can of coke be more then the product-this is the world we live in.

If anyone could give me some information on maybe local producers of products and if the above is financially viable. But more so could you let me know if it is something that would like to see and shop at.

Thanks
    Boggy

Advertisement