Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Azureus port and port forwarding

Options
  • 21-11-2007 7:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Aloha, me again.

Forword:

Router - Netopia 2247NWG
    Eircom 3Mbit
    New area I live in with brand new lines
    Filters on all sockets
    Firewall settings on "LOW"
    Ports opened on "NAT" (Expert Mode): 52525
    Port added in Azureus

My issue. No matter which port of range 42525 to 65525 I use, Azureus gives me a small popup error, saying it could not "assign" the port and therefore it failed.
    Needless to say I have a big, red light with NAT! problem in Azureus.

And yes, I used the search function, that's where I got most hints.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Do you have any "Internet Security" package installed that would prevent a program from opening up sockets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Do you have port forwarding setup on the router?

If the router is UPnP compatible then enable UPnP in Azureus plugins menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭still_raining

If you have a firewall other than Windows Firewall you'll likely need to open the ports in that too. Otherwise the forwarded packets from your router will just be blocked when they reach your firewall. Also be sure that in your router you're forwarding both TCP and UDP for your Azureus port (you'll need to create two separate rules).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hadder

com21 sat connection have set satic ip on network card i think no matter what i try utorrant keeps saying the port is not forwared, its driveing me mad help any on the provider is permanet vvery slow speed even though its a 11mb connection:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

• Advertisement
Advertisement