Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband speeds

Options
  • 21-11-2007 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

Ok i have perlico 2mb connection dsl.im finding my speeds slow if i do a speed test on www.speedtest.ie my speeds range from 270kbps to 890kbps down the latter is on a very rare occasion my up speed stay at about 120kbps is this good speeds for 2mbps:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

dave1982 wrote: »
    Ok i have perlico 2mb connection dsl.im finding my speeds slow if i do a speed test on www.speedtest.ie my speeds range from 270kbps to 890kbps down the latter is on a very rare occasion my up speed stay at about 120kbps is this good speeds for 2mbps:confused:

2Mbps = 2000kbps, you're getting 270kbps. I think you've answered your own question.

How long have you had Perlico broadband and how long has the speed been poor?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

jor el wrote: »
    2Mbps = 2000kbps, you're getting 270kbps. I think you've answered your own question.

How long have you had Perlico broadband and how long has the speed been poor?

yep was thinking that alright that it was poor.Rang them up coulple of times but no changes i have had perlico 7 months recenly went to 2 mb hoping speed would incresae but nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Are you sure its 270kbps and not 270KBs.

270kbps is patethic especially if you are paying for 2Mbps. You should complain and threaten to switch providers and when they don't fix it which they probably won't because they are Perlico then switch provider to someone decent and see if service improves and if it doesn't complain to them.

Preferably switch to someone who have a customer service department as Perlico's while existant is incompetent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

dave1982 wrote: »
    Yes they're terrible speeds for 2mb, you need to ring them up and report a fault like the call quality is woeful(you are paying line rental for the up-keep of the phone lines) and maybe they will take a look because i don't think they care if your speeds aren't up to advertised! I'm on a 2mb package with eircom(basically same product you are getting since perlico are just eircom resellers) and I usually get around 1755kbps from speedtest.net

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

brim4brim wrote: »
    Are you sure its 270kbps and not 270KBs.

270kbps is patethic especially if you are paying for 2Mbps. You should complain and threaten to switch providers and when they don't fix it which they probably won't because they are Perlico then switch provider to someone decent and see if service improves and if it doesn't complain to them.

Preferably switch to someone who have a customer service department as Perlico's while existant is incompetent.

Yep its kbps just done 1 again 162 down 23 up:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You could have a bad line. It may have been OK at 1Mbps, but the increase to 2MBps could be a problem, and the modem isn't able to sync correctly giving you less then 1Mbps speeds.

Can you log into the router and check the line stats, particularly the SNR, upstream and downstream noise margins. If you post them here someone should be able to tell you if they look OK. Not sure where you'll get these on the router Perlico use.

Advertisement