Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stamps question?

• 21-11-2007 11:27am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

Can I claim my stamps regardless of my redundancy payment?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

yes but if it is over €50,000 you may not be get paid for up to 9 weeks on the claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭leex

Can someone explain to me what "stamps" are and how they work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

'Stamps' come from the fact that years ago an employer paid an insurance contribution for you and this took the form of a physical stamp that was recorded on a card - used to qualify you for insurance based payments.

In todays terms 'stamps' mean a PRSI contribution paid by yuor employer on your behalf. They are at different rates, the most common one for insurable employment being Class A which can help you qualify for Jobseeker's Benefit, Illness Benefit, treatment benefits and the State Pension Contributory (there are also other things that 'stamps' can help you qualify for).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭leex

Thanks Mrs MacGyver. I'm familiar with the PRSI system and how entitlements are claimed based on previous weeks worked etc. I figured "stamps" were the same but wanted someone to confirm this.

Advertisement