Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing company letters

Options
  • 21-11-2007 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this right area to post this. What is the best suggestion for printing company letters in a busy office. I wanted to get proper printed letterheads in from a printer, problem with that is we would need a dedicated printer for printing letters.

Would I be correct in saying that if I get my letterhead professionally designed it wont reproduce well after being inserted in a word document.

We are talking about a very busy office environment, printing about 300 individual letters per day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

2 trays on a printer, one with blank paper, one with letterheads in it, when printing pick your tray...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

What one large company I have worked with does is pre-print the color logo on the page, and overprints in b+w from a Word template with the address and other details. This is handy because it gives you great quality and allows you to change things like addresses and names of directors if necessary and give people and departments individual letterheads if appropriate. Depending on the arrangement of the logo, you might also be able to use the headed paper as a continuation sheet.

This does take a bit of management though, to make sure everyone has the up to date template.

Re quality of letterhead, really depends on the particular letterhead. Your graphic designer will recommend pre-printing for sure. Also, you will probably want to use a nice paper stock, at least for some letters. It's not just about the logo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

As noted by AL its not just the logo, it really depends what u are about in terms of image.

Advertisement