Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd Sight in Galway

Options
  • 21-11-2007 12:06pm

So, I was going out by the Western Hotel on the bus to GMIT when I noticed an empty hearse with two presumably undertakers, and a uniformed gardai standing beside them.

Did anyone notice this? I just thought it odd, 'cause I can't remember if there's an undertakers near.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Irwin's Funeral Home is around the corner, opposite Roches.

Either that or they were collecting some corpse from a premises in the area.

Maybe accidental death, maybe more sinister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Not unusual ,as already said there is a funeral home around the corner an if there is a removal the guards are probably required to direct traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Irwins is/in the Dead Centre of Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 paulh19

So, I was going out by the Western Hotel on the bus to GMIT when I noticed an empty hearse with two presumably undertakers, and a uniformed gardai standing beside them.

That will have been for the funeral of Mr Keville, whose family own the Western, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

sgthighway wrote: »
    Irwins is/in the Dead Centre of Galway.

Pun intended or not I nearly died laughing..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I saw a white hearse on the way down from Sligo the other day. I thought that was weird never seen one and can't think of why anyone would want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Main use of a white hearse is by families for baby and children funerals as it reflects the innocence of their child.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

kraggy wrote: »
    Maybe accidental death, maybe more sinister.
    If it is more sinister, can I be the first to blame a foreigner?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Robbo wrote: »
    can I be the first to blame a foreigner?

Smooth Rob... very smooth!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Robbo wrote: »
    If it is more sinister, can I be the first to blame a foreigner?
    Shouldn't you be blaming the local witch coven?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

ScumLord wrote: »
    I saw a white hearse on the way down from Sligo the other day. I thought that was weird never seen one and can't think of why anyone would want one.

AS Biko said. Also very popular with some in the Travelling community

Advertisement