Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband provider change - how quick can it happen?

Options
  • 21-11-2007 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi

I am in a position where I need to switch from UTV to eircom (before the "why would you do that" responses, it is for business reasons because of negotiated contracts etc....)

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any experience of what the procedures are for disconnecting the current provider (UTV) and switching over to a new provider (eircom). I cant really live without internet access for what I do (work from home) and am worried that it will be a protracted drawn out affair knowing how things work in this country. Only saving grace is that eircom, being the national carrier, actually own the line so in theory it should be a quick switch over at the exchange.

Your experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

There's no downtime. Contact Eircom and tell them you want to switch from UTV. They will take care of the rest. After a few days your BB will stop working at which time you enter your Eircom username/password into your modem and away you go again.

Do not cancel UTV yourself. Let Eircom do that. If you do, you'll have 2/3 weeks downtime.

Advertisement