Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy reasonably priced ski gear?

• 21-11-2007 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm looking for some ski gear at a good price seeing as I'm going in February and don'ty see myself being able to go for many years to come after that! My sister bought a ski jacket in Dunnes last year for skiing so I can use hers (If I lose an inch or two off my waist >_>) But I need to buy othwer things like gloves I suppose and...well I'm not actually sure what else I actually need, but I'd like to get them at a good price! Lidl had some stuff but it's all sold out nationwide, would Dunnes have anything?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Dunnes in Blanchardstown (and presumably everywhere else) has a ski wear section. If you're a beginner and reasonably warm-blooded you probably won't need much additional thermal gear - it's hard work at the start! Depending on where you're going, it might be relatively warm and sunny in Feb. I'd advise investing in good quality socks to avoid numb toes and rubbing off the boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

T K Maxx had rails full of ski gear. I was in Swords but I'm sure they will have it all branches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

+1 for TK Maxx, they've tons of the stuff in Stephen's green

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

The outdoors shops on Mary St (with Jervis centre at it's beginning) have a good selection.

Remember to get proper ski socks, your feet could get damaged otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭**elaine**

Penneys are selling both men and womens ski jackets and trousers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oh deadly, I'll check out TK Maxx and Dunnes, would be a bit wary about buying ski gear from Pennys though, ha! I want o get very warm stuff as I'm quite bad in the cold, my fands and feeet get very cold very easily and it takes me forever to warm back up :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

You can get glove warmers in outdoorsy shops- little gel pouches that warm up once you activate them and they're the perfect size to pop inside you gloves.

I have bad circulation and I was fine skiing at New Years last year, the air is so dry that you don't feel the cold as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

There used to be a ski shop every year up to last year on Sth William Street just up a little from the Powerscourt centre.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055015120

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I had a look in Lidl and the ski gear there was pretty good / nice price but it didn't seem very warm :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 RectalWareZ

I got my ski jacket and trowers last season it aldi and they worked great. I need to find new gloves though. Im off on the 5th of jan, so its less than 2 week away. yipee!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Pamela Scott do ski wear in thier oulet store in South William Street, was a lovely dress shop during the summer, no it has ski shop on the outside. It's across from eurocycles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I saw Topshop have some ski gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My dad got me Aldi ski gear, problem is he didn't get me a jacket cos I'll just be using my sister's but hers is baby blue and white and the rest of my ski gear is black and red.

Yes I KNOW I'll only be wearing them for a week and I'd probably look like a tool no matter what ski gear I'm wearing, but I'd at least like to co-ordinate if not match, and black and red will never complement baby blue and white!

Life is too hard sometimes :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

+1 TK Maxx.

Also now that the sales are on you should try places like The Great Outdoors, Windmill or 53 Degrees North.

Advertisement