Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watch Strap

• 21-11-2007 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

My boyfriend seems to be allergic to the leather in the strap of a new watch I got him for his birthday. Just wondering is it possible to get the strap changed to a metal one. The face of the watch is lovely and it'd be a pity let it go to waste.
    Anybody know where I can get this done and how much I would expect to pay. Its a Hugo Boss watch.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Most jewellers will do it for you, and depending on the strap you want, prices will range from about 10 euro to whatever you want to pay! If the leather is irritating his skin - try putting a barrier on the back of the strap - I know you might not want to risk it with an expensive watch, but if you're going to change it anyway, give it a go - I have very sensitive skin so any watch I ever had got coated on the back with clear nail polish to stop the rash from coming up, worked for me, might work for him too.

Just check if you are changing the strap that the new strap will be able to hold the weight of the watch, ie you don't want to get an overly flimsy one that won't be able to support the weight of the bezel if it's a chunky one and will end up breaking and possibly result in him losing the watch altogether. The jeweller should be able to recommend a correct style of strap.

Advertisement