Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bangers and Mash

• 21-11-2007 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Lads it's winter time now so time for the warm comfort food to make an appearance!
    Can anyone tell me how you make the perfect bangers and mash and how do you make the gravy more importantly? I would prefer homemade gravy if possible..thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TheEx

jessie1 wrote: »
    Lads it's winter time now so time for the warm comfort food to make an appearance!
    Can anyone tell me how you make the perfect bangers and mash and how do you make the gravy more importantly? I would prefer homemade gravy if possible..thanks!

Ing: Great quality sausages, big ones, two each. Two onions. Bunch of scallions. Rooster potatoes, real butter, homemade beef stock.
    Method:
    Onions on first in a bit of veg. oil, low heat. Don't let them sizzle, just melt for at least 20 mins until they are like an onion jam.
    Spuds - Follow the usual course. Boil, test, mash with butter, milk & finely cut scallions. Makes a nice champ.
    Sauccies - Grill over a clean tray. use the tray to collect the fat. then make the gravy over the hob, from the fat you have collected and some stock & cornflour. (this is where I cheat & get the bisto out)
    Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

For the gravy I get the pan I cooked the saussies in - put the potato water in and I use one spoon of plain flour and one spoon of gravy (Bisto) powder. Mix with a little water and then add in and stir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

IMHO there's only one way to cook sausages properly and that isn't under a grill. Good heavy frying pan, a tiny bit of oil to get them going on a high heat to start with, then turn the heat down low and cook for as long as possible, preferably at least 30 minutes. Only that way do you get that deliciously sticky, almost caramelised stuff that you can use to make the gravy with afterwards.

Advertisement