Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Genealogy / Family History Exhibtion - Dublin 6-8 Dec (2007)

Options
  • 21-11-2007 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I had posted this in another thread because I found it and thought it might be useful for anyone who is interested in Genealogy or Family History, even if you're looking to make a start or are only moderately interested.

I realised that it didn't act fit in entirely with the thread I added it to, and didn't want to hijack the thread down a different route so I deleted the post and decided to start a new thread. The dates when it'll be in Dublin are coming up soon. Hope you find it useful, too.

A map of the location where it is on is included in the message, to see it click on the link for the location.
    I really hope this isn't entirely off topic, but I saw a link to this on another Genealogy / Family History website and it looked really interesting.

It looks like it's a free family history exhibition and it'll be coming to Ireland in December.

From the blurb it's described : "Called Family Search on the Road, the exhibition features displays, free to use computer terminals, and state of the art software linked via satellite to the world’s largest genealogical database. Family Search on the Road will be popular with anyone interested in researching their own family tree.

This exhibition is free for all to use and enjoy, particularly for those who have wanted to start their family history research but have not got around to it.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has long been recognized as the world’s foremost authority on family history research with over 70 family history libraries in the UK alone. Their family history website attracts over 10 million hits a day and has received over 15 billion hits since launch in 1999 making it the most popular genealogy website in the world. The Church produced free genealogy software is now the ‘industry standard’ format used by all major family history software packages"

6-8 December 2007 Dublin Ireland Stake, LDS Chapel, Finglas Road, Glasnevin, Dublin 9, Ireland
    Thursday - 14:00-21:00, Friday - 10:00-21:00, Saturday - 9:00-16:00

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Just a quick reminder that this is on this week (Thursday, Friday and Saturday)

Advertisement