Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Alarm Question

Options
  • 21-11-2007 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Right,

Basically its time to get the work done (while its being offered as a chrimbo pressie :D )

Anywho, I've to decide on a few Alarms

Firstly, I have a Falcon Pred Evo 4 that i bought off adverts some time ago, now this would have to be installed by someone who doesn't car about Warrenties etc but that leaves me in a pickle of finding someone who would actually fit it properly!

Next in line is the Toad A850. This is an upgrade kit and is a Thatcham CAT 2.

Lastly is the Clifford Concept 470, it seems fairly decent but is about 100e more than the Toad.

Basically I have about 300 - 400 to spend on this *AT THE MOMENT* but i dont want to rule out upgrading in the future or adding stuff to it (tilt sensors etc).

Anywho, what do yee chaps think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

What cars it going into?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Pulsar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

You'l probably have hassle finding someone to do the falcon,and would probably cost you near as much as the clifford supplied and fitted.

The 470 is a much better alarm than the toad but its fairly simular to the arrow 5.1 with the exception of an extra channel and dual immobilisor.The A850 is also more suited to something with factoy immobilisor which the pulsar doesnt have.

But either ways both would be better built units than the falcon and the components used would be far superior towards the 4+,Your only extra really is the remote start option which again would may find people unwilling to do for you

Advertisement