Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Bora headlights problem

Options
  • 21-11-2007 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a 2000 VW Bora 1.4 petrol. I have noticed a problem recently when I am driving with dipped headlights and I switch on the indicator
    the headlights go out for a second or 2 and then come back on again, this only happens when I use the indicators.

Does anyone have any idea what this is?

Higgs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Where are you based? You really need to bring it to a good auto electrician.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Higgsy

Based in Derry, could it be the battery

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Higgsy wrote: »
    Based in Derry, could it be the battery

Do you have after market headlights or a HID Kit installed by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I second the suggestion that you get it looked at before it deveolps further and your headlights fail - Murphy's law says that this will happen on the darkest road!

But I'll stab a guess at the indicator stalk switch which also switches between dip/beam/pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

crosstownk wrote: »
    I second the suggestion that you get it looked at before it deveolps further and your headlights fail - Murphy's law says that this will happen on the darkest road!

But I'll stab a guess at the indicator stalk switch which also switches between dip/beam/pass

Yeap thats the most likely culprit, cheap and handy enuff to fix or eliminate as the problem, same problem on a corsa before. (stalk was 50 euro in opel)

Could be wiring though, frayed wires, but I would try replacing the stalk first.
    Might get a second hand one cheap on ebay or vagdrivers.net but I would price a new one first, not that hard to fit DIY.

• Advertisement
Advertisement