Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1-2-3 Go?

Options
  • 21-11-2007 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Ok guys I am sure everyone has heard this before, but I still get confused when I check out offical sites so maybe someone could be good enough to post a reply or give some advice- my siutation is a little confusing and a bit stupid so sorry !!!!:o

The position I am in, is as follows
    1. anyway I have lost my driving licence, at least I can't find it at mo, I have moved recently and it might pop up somewhere.

2. It had gone out of date in March 2006 at some stage. I had not gotten round to renewing it.

3. Cause I'm an idiot I cannot fully remember or be sure whether it was a first or second provisonal. I think it was a second

4. I had done a good number of driving lessons and had got quite good- but was unable to sit test because of travelling away etc- and I let it go.

Now a few weeks ago in the Noel Dempsey created maddness I applied for me test!!!!

I think if I got a few lessons under me belt I could have a decent shot at it.

anyway should I

a) say I cant find my licence and re-apply for a second one? how long will it take what is process.

b) If I do find my licence and it turns out to be my second- is applying for a third one a good option- will it take longer etc?

ok- that might all sound confusing sorry about that.

bascially what is quickest way to get a new licence (or whatever they are called now!!) and get in a car to start practiscing

cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Ohyeah wrote: »
    Cause I'm an idiot I cannot fully remember or be sure whether it was a first or second provisonal. I think it was a second
    When you apply for another Learner Permit you will be required to answer question 13. "Have you previously held a Provisional Licence" and subsequent questions if the answer is "yes".
    a) say I cant find my licence and re-apply for a second one? how long will it take what is process.
    :confused: Your licence has expired - you'll have to apply for another.
    b) If I do find my licence and it turns out to be my second- is applying for a third one a good option- will it take longer etc?
    :confused: again!

If you do find it , it has expired so it is of no use. You will still be required to apply for another.
    The issuing authority decide whether it is you 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. not you.

All licences issued have a unique number. Any subsequent licence you get in any category whether Full or a Permit will have this number.

Advertisement