Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unclogging pores.

• 21-11-2007 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭

From about the age of 15 up until 20, I had pretty bad skin. Acne of the big blotchy red kind. It has cleared up now over the last year or so, but I've noticed I still have alot of blackheads around the T-zone and around under my lips. If you look closely, you can actually see the pus clogging up the pores.

I was wondering what would the best way to go about clearing these up be? Some sort of steaming regime? One of those facial scrubs with the little rough bits in it?

Any advice apreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

I think some beauticians do "extractions" as part of a facial, would you consider going down that route to try and get it under control and see what products they'd recommend for use after that perhaps?

Steam is meant to be good for opening the pores, but I've never tried it myself, sorry can't help on that front, but I find Dermalogica cleansers quite good, perhaps look into trying them, they seem to be good for cleansing in general, or a facemask that draws out impurities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

I second the facial route...with a reputable salon, i heard Dermalogica is very good but there are other good ones too..do a bit of research..Maybe ask them before whether or not its suitable for you, if your skin is sensitive or anything from having acne..but yeah,they will be able to get rid of any "congestion" (the fancy word for blocked pores) that you may have..if masks and stuff dont work this is defo the best way..

oh steaming can be bad for you as it can cause broken capilleries. i think i read that somewhere..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I know most people won't agree but squeeze the crap out of them after a shower then splash cold water on the face to close the pores up.

I know you're "not meant" to squeeze blackheads, I find it quite satisfying (horrible i know).

Try the facial/nose strips.. they do actually get some out, well maybe it's just if you have as bad blackheads ad my ex bf did *shudders*

Try change your facewash, might not be right for your skin type.

Advertisement