Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3G Coverage good or bad?

Options
  • 21-11-2007 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi I have a Vodafone Wireless Modem which when I first got it was pretty good- comparable speed wise to Broadband fixed line. However the speed decreased quickly, Many of you may know that the system operates in cells and when the cell is full the speed drops dramatically.

I complained & was told an upgrade was due but they couldn’t say when so offered me a months line credit which I accepted.

In the last month the speed has got even worse - at times equivalent to dial up. This has also impacted on the phone signals as they work with the same system. Calls are not getting through / dropping. I called Vodafone again and after a while was put on to a Technical Support adviser who although admitted that the signal problem would also effect the phones offered line credit on the modem again but not on the phone, I said in my opinion I was being billed for a service which was not “fit for purpose” and I would be taking the matter further. He was obvioulsy angered and rattled off his contact details etc.

What I want to know is how is the coverage generally? How are other people getting on with the wireless modems?
    If there are problems what can we do about it ?
    I am based in the Bantry / Skibbereen area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Better suited to Broadband methinks - moved accordingly

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Cancelled my 3 modem a couple of weeks ago and was thinking of signing up to Vodafone. Not sure now:(. Any other users having this speed issue or is it a network problem in this specific area?

Advertisement