Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight's Euro qualifyers

Options
  • 21-11-2007 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭

Ok it's the last round of the Euro qualifyers and a situation has occurred from the UEFA website:
    The seeded teams will be the host associations, with the reigning European champions if they qualify, and one or two teams with the best coefficients on the basis of results achieved in the 2006 FIFA World Cup qualifying competition and/or in the qualifying competition for the 2006/08 UEFA European Football Championship. The other finalists will be assigned to the four groups by means of a draw, according to their coefficients.

So Austria, Switzerland and Greece will be top seeds along with one other. This looks like Germany or Holland and its not where they would want to be as it would guarantee them the mandatory 'Group of Death.
    So Belarus to beat an already qualified Holland @ 10/3 looks excellent value and even Wales @ 11/1 could be good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

50 minutes gone and holland are still scoreless with Belarus.
    Looks like you are right Pat, not even trying.
    Hope Belarus score an OG in the last minute, that will show em !
    Or at least win me a few quid

* Belarus just shaggin scored.
    Typical, damn you paddypower!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've got a few bob on Germany Sweden and Russia for straight wins.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

2-1 Belarus back of the net. Have a single on Wales as well and a double on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Oh dear, it was only a matter of time,

Wales dnb 4/1
    Beckham third goal 16/1

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I had a nice win tonight with 6 teams -

Germany win/draw
    Portugal win/draw
    Norway win
    Belgium win
    Russia win
    Italy win

Happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I had a nice win tonight with 6 teams -

Germany win/draw
    Portugal win/draw
    Norway win
    Belgium win
    Russia win
    Italy win

Happy days!

I know its early but did Germany not draw 0-0??
    Therefore you lost?

He had germany and portugal on win or a draw.
    You win either way.
    Nice bet mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭lolkelly

IrishMike wrote: »
    He had germany and portugal on win or a draw.
    You win either way.
    Nice bet mate

Not really a great bet when you consider 4 of the selections were at least 1/50

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Thanks for clearing that up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Lads,

Can you post your bets up before the event takes place. It's getting a bit rediculous with the amount of aftertiming on this forum lately.

If the bets posted beforehand at least it keeps everyone honest.

• Advertisement

Good point ErinGoBrath.
    Start a thread like mine and show how to lose €50 in 12 hours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Aftertiming is for chumps because only chumps aftertime ;)

From a very very reliable source bet on Chelmsford to beat Staines tomorrow. They played 120 mins last night and no doubt had a few drinks after they won. Will be pretty tired for tomorrows game. Oh Chelmsford have been well backed and are now 5/6 from i think 13/8. Worth sticking into ones accumulator this weekend i would reckon.

Advertisement