Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 206 Electrics

Options
  • 21-11-2007 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

My wife drives a Peugeot 206 (05) and the electrics are starting to go a bit funny :mad: The display for the radio works when it wants to and stays blank for the rest, even though the stereo is on and working. Also, the stereo will not always turn off when the key is removed from ingnition and doesnt turn on other times when the car is started :confused:
    Has anybody any ideas on what might be causing this and if there is a simple fix?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

New Radio!

If it is the standard Peugeot Radio, they are sh*te!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 JohnW

Healyc wrote: »
    New Radio!

If it is the standard Peugeot Radio, they are sh*te!
    Yes, its the standard Peugeot radio which means that the controls and display are completely seperate, so i dont know which is giving me the problems....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I'd say you've more an issue with the stereo than the cars electrics 'in general'.

Chances are, there is a loose connection in the loom - might point to the reason why your ignition is not triggering the stereo's electric supply to be cut when the key is removed (the two wires usually associated with this are red and yellow in colour). Red usually been 'constant' power, while yellow is usually the 'ignition' or switched power.

Advertisement