Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wat software/programming language to use?

Options
  • 21-11-2007 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    im starting a website to sell phones.
    I want to have a very simple design, in terms of the user experience, but i want an impressive interface and user experience at the same time!
    im not sure what programming language to use.
    I need the website to connect to a database.
    It will also need a texting service, i was thinking of clickatell.
    Being honest,I believe the easiest or simplest approach to anything is always the best so im looking to create a decent webpage with the above functionality with an easy to learn programming language.
    thanks for ur time and help
    ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

html / css / php / ajax / ( mysql | PostgreSQL ) ?

html / css / asp / ajax / mssql ?

html / css / ruby / ajax / ( mysql | PostgreSQL ) ?

html / css / jsp / ajax / ( postsql | PostgreSQL ) ?

To be honest use what you are comfortable using ?
    what have you programmed in in the past ?

either way you'll need good html / css / ajax ... for an interactive experience .. then its a question of what language you want to use ? and what database you want to use ...

You're also going to need a good designer ... unless you are designing it yourself

There are various open source softwares out there

oscommerce ...
    joomla has the virtua mart plugin ...
    zencart

Advertisement