Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childrens art

Options
  • 21-11-2007 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

What do you do with your child's Art?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It goes on the fridge, on the walls in thier room, my daughter has a scrap book and a portfolio ( large a1 sheet of card bent over and stabled ).
    There is a 3 fall rule, once somehing falls off the fridge or the wall 3 times then a decison has to be made about it being recycled
    or put in her portfolio or certain things I keep in a memory box, like thier first piece of art from school,
    thier handprints or anything really spectular, or if it is a decoration for a festive occasion it might getted added into the decoration box for yule/hollow'een.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

My wife took one of our sons earliest paintings in and got it professionally framed, the framer did a superb job and the frame really picks out the colours in the paint.
    Worth doing if you really like a particular painting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Gabsdot

I have stuck lots of my sons art on a wall in the dining room. I change the pictures around every now and then and stick older ones into a scrap book.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Goldenquick

I threw out a lot of what they did, maybe I should have kept it for the Tate gallery though!!

I have some in scrapbooks, some in frames, some in a file each with their names on them, they've told me to chuck them though as they don't have room for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭neoB

Her things go into a large "art" box.
    I keep just about everything like with my god-children. they always make me something and when they are over I say "look what auntie has"
    and it just lights me up when they say "you still have that??" :)
    My mam did that and I love looking back on stuff I made when younger so I do the same.

• Advertisement
Advertisement