Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go in Kerry?

Options
  • 21-11-2007 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi all! I'm going to Kerry for 3 days before Christmas with the boyfirend so have a few questions! We're both 23.

Top 2 things to do/visit
    Only have time for visiting 2 places / day trips

Most central place to stay

Where would be the best place to stay, that is nice, and so that its easy enough to get to the places/things to visit?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 vincenzo1

What interests you?
    History, scenery, pubs, nightclubs etc??
    You would have to do ring of kerry, i would say.
    Maybe spend a day seeing the sights of killarney-but i dont remembver them
    Place to stay that is central? suppose killarney but it is a bit...not so quaint now. some might call it tacky but it certianly has advantages.
    Other places would have to be dingle,cahirsiveen, maybe even tralee??

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

There is a new hotel, Fels Point, the roses were hekd there this year, in a good location. Away from the centre of the town but in a good spot none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

nellyshark wrote: »
    There is a new hotel, Fels Point, the roses were hekd there this year, in a good location. Away from the centre of the town but in a good spot none the less.

Can anyone tell me where exactly Fels Point is? Tried to find it a couple of weeks ago and got lost!!
    Thanks
    AleoN

Depends what side you are coming from. If down the N21 you pass manor west shopping centre either by driving through it or else straight through clashleheen (?) roundabout, past MxDonalds, left at the next roundabout in front of the county buildings and opposite copryright, follow that road, then straight at the next roundabout whihc brings you past Nancy Miles, staright past the next roundabout and tis on your left. U can bypass nearly all of the town this way.

Thanks for that nellyshark. Is that out the Dingle road by any chance?

AleoN

• Advertisement

AleoN wrote: »
    Thanks for that nellyshark. Is that out the Dingle road by any chance?

AleoN

Not quite, but If you continued on straight rather than turning left into the hotel, then the Dingle road would be at the next roundabout near the aqua dome!

Amazing you could follow the direction cos when I looked back reading them they were confusing!

nellyshark wrote: »
    Not quite, but If you continued on straight rather than turning left into the hotel, then the Dingle road would be at the next roundabout near the aqua dome!

Amazing you could follow the direction cos when I looked back reading them they were confusing!

Ah I know exactly where it is now. Must pay a visit next time I am down.
    Dont worry about the confusing directions - I am well used to being confused by Kerrymen.;):D
    Thanks nellyshark
    AleoN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭gerocks

Stay in a hotel in town like The Abbeygate or The Grand.
    Fels Points is a bit of a walk after a few late gatts in the Abbey Inn or Fabric!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

gerocks wrote: »
    Stay in a hotel in town like The Abbeygate or The Grand.
    Fels Points is a bit of a walk after a few late gatts in the Abbey Inn or Fabric!

The Grand maybe, will be noisy though. Id avoid the Abbey Gate, gone down hill a lot. If you don't mind noise the hotel in the center of town is right next to the big church St Johns. Dunno what they are calling it these days, it has been Benners and the Quality Inn, I think its back to Benners now, the sign outside is the Deacon anyway (the pub part), looks nice inside anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 pauloc

If your interested in antiques and collectables there's monthly auctions at kerry auction rooms in moyderwell, tralee. they had loads of deals, got a lady lavery note for 10 euro, they also deal books aswell, spotted romantic hidden kerry there, a bit out of my price range though. the shop is call antiques kingdom and they also have a website called kerryauctionrooms.com. if you want to do something different for the day its great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 eiregobra

<snip> Advertise somewhere else...

Advertisement