Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Better PES or Fifa

Options
  • 21-11-2007 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

gameplay is better in pro evo but shame that more teams are not licensed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Sodoro

pro evo wins hands down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Sodoro wrote: »
    pro evo wins hands down

yeah if you have no hands in the firstplace..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Asking this question In the PES section is generally just gonna get you one answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Well im fairly neutral, and I have to say Pro Evo walks all over Fifa. Why are ppl saying fifa wins this time around? I think this is the best version and upgrade of pro evo ever, well it is on the xbox anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Sodoro

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    i dont get it?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭cooper_man

I was REALLY impressed with Fifa this year when i got it (i was loyal to pro evo for years). THe more you play the better it gets. I think they did a great improvement on previous titles.

I dont think Pro Evo had as much as an improvement over last years title BUT, it is still a better game for game play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Pro evo is still the better game, but FIFA isn't as far off this year as it has been in previsous years. That said FIFA feels very chunky and unresponsive or something, looks and sounds brilliant tho and the authenticism is second to none!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Why is there another thread on the exact same topic when this one (clearly visible from the 1st page of the forum) http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055184484 was being posted in only two days ago ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

If you have no hands then you cant put them down.

Therefore it cannot win hands down if you have no hands in the first place

So your saying ...

it would win hands down
    if you had no hands
    meaning it wouldnt not win hands down
    but you said it would win hands down if you had no hands
    but it cannot win hands down without hands

actually if i was a programmer i could say it better

foreach ($idiot as $sap)
    {
    echo $stupid-statement
    }

• Advertisement

actually if i was a programmer i could say it better

foreach ($idiot as $sap)
    {
    echo $stupid-statement
    }

my god how long did you waste on that post? stupid statment.. ok let me clarify, pro evo is a disgrace.. simple as.. iv been playing since the very first version back on the mega drive in its original incarnation.. what is it with people here, its pro evo forum for discussion, except if you say pro evo is **** this year you'd swear your murdering someone's baby.

Also to really have an objective opinion, if at all, you have to play both games, otherwise how can you say which is better with any conviction. Im no idiot and i know a dud of a game when i play one, and pro evo this year is a prime example, sorry but the gameplay just isn't enough, its fun but there are too many silly glithes in the game, obviously the online is the main one when the game, aside from lag, just goes crazy. How can this be progress when this is the WORST lag on any platform ever when no other game on the xbox suffers from the same problems.

Fifa could be a bit quicker and if they stole the shooting system from pro evo then fifa would be the complete game. Now just to clarify i HATED fifa with a passion before this year but ya gotta give credit where its due.

And to get the best out of Fifa ya gotta think ahead before the pass gets to you, took me ages to get used to it but once ya do.. (off topic i know)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

For the first time ever, FIFA is the better game - it's a combination of FIFA really improving and PES becoming more like a pinball simulator that a football game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭5times

Seriously people - the original ISS Pro is better than the current FIFA - that's how much of a gap there is - anyone that says differently has never played or followed soccer in their lives.

5times wrote: »
    Seriously people - the original ISS Pro is better than the current FIFA - that's how much of a gap there is - anyone that says differently has never played or followed soccer in their lives.

What an outrageous statemnent, seriously that is the biggest load of balls i have ever heard.. Cos we think fifa has finally gotten their act together (is it really that unthinkable, considering their resources?) and made a good game we must not know anything about football.. well cop yourself on, iv been playing and loving iss since the megadrive and i can honestly say this is the worst game, ISS pro back then is better that pro evo now so sure it probably is better than fifa but that was an animal game prob the best bar pro 4 imo.

But saying that we dont know nothing about football, simpleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Gave up on PES08. Gave it to a mate as my PC can't handle it (despite wasting €80 on RAM upgrades) and it play like crap IMO.
    Never thought this would be the case... probably more annoying the fact I was sooo looking forward to this release for months!! It was the nearest to being looking forward to Christmas, and the release of a new PES always brings it and fulfills my expectations.
    There's just so much that's pants with this one.
    I'm tempted to try FIFA, but I've never liked the way that's played... well, expect for the France 98 one. That was pretty cool.

Honestly people i dont see your problem with pro evo 08 ( cept whiskeyman which is completely legit)

im not dismissing fifa without playing it, i have played it and i find playing fifa, the way the game flow to be akin to banging your head off a steel bar.

It really just doesnt feel right at all. Not to mention the speed it flows at.

Pro Evo 2008 does a lot right, firstly referee's are a good bit stricter, meaning you cant get away with as many suspect tackles, that said, if its a good tackle, the game flows well. the quick free kick option helps to stop too much stop starting

I must be the only person on the planet not getting laggy jumpy replay's, and the online play has been unplayable to this point, the 130mb patch just downloaded, im hoping that my attempt to have a game tonight will result in a playable game. and if thats the problem solved then im delighted.

I actually miss last years online experience of pro evo, the groups, the points earning, the chat rooms and the 2 v 2. that stuff for me is the big difference.

But the game is still essentially pro evo the game flows nicely, shooting from distance is harder ( lets face it the goals that you could regularly score from distance in 4 5 and 6 were unrealistic ) so the games focus now is on passing and building play, something that happens in real life.

I also miss Random Selection Match, its in the ps2 version and not the ps3 version and i really would love it back.

Supposedly PES 09 is going to come packed with a rake of new features in it. Shingo has been talking about the lack of change in pro evo's main elements and he is talking about bit additions for PES 09. so we'll see

But if they can release patches for the game regularly to add new things to 08 or even implement a similar online experience to last year i'd be very happy

I dont think you can really knock pro evo on gameplay

but the decisions to cut
    2v2 online
    online chat rooms
    online groups
    Friend Lists
    Online tournaments and cups
    Offline Random Selection Match
    Offline World Tour Mode

These are the things people should be focusing on. because as a pro evo enthusiast im disgusted these havnt been included. but the game itself whilst the ball is on the pitch is fastastic.

Finally i'd like to add, i'd love to see the new mode fifa has implemented, the control 1 player and build a career as you play better and better, score goals and attract attention of bigger clubs.

If pro evo had that i'd be very impressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rory007

my god how long did you waste on that post? stupid statment.. ok let me clarify, pro evo is a disgrace.QUOTE]

ya wat?? in no other soccer game can you play and feel like going for a game outside, you play one match in fifa and your ready to throw the controller off the wall. its slow its awkward to round people and you cant dive. diving in the new pro makes the game fun.

Sorry but i stopped playing pro evo cos it simplys ISNT fun.. It's absolutely head wrecking.. I play mostly online so this is where im coming from. And before you say the problems are with lag, there not. While allot of the frustration was with the lag most of it stems from the idiotic changes they have made to the gameplay..

It's far far far too easy to score, iv said it time and again and i really dont think there is any disputing this, whether it be a ranked game or not the final scores have been laughable, yesterday i tried playing online again cos i heard the lag had been fixed( it hasnt, still stupid crap happening) and my first game finished 7-5!! 7-5 for god's sake, not once in more than ten years of playing this game in it's various incarnations have i had such a high scoring game and this has happened several times in this years version. It's also too easy to beat players, kaka, messi etc are stupidly hard to disposses when going on a slow dribble, its just too easy to go on stupid long runs and then do the god awful pull back, you cant do that in fifa with the alarming regularity that its done it pro evo and its been going on years now and gettting worse rather than better.

Also online its farcical how easy it is to get sent off, sure fire way is to slide tackle anyone running down the wing, literally my first tackle online resulted in a red card, so did my second... wtf??? And what about the goalkeepers who are just spectators except for when the decide to let it bounce off them directly into a strikers path while a series of defenders scratch their nuts and watch the opposition score... or how about rebounds that pick up speed after they are deflected back where they came from... Then there is no quick free kicks, throw ins or goal kicks.. why on why do you have to wait for the whistle every time... infuriating.. ( i know off line you can take free kicks quickly, it's on the sly) And then there is the same problem of not enough teams so everyone picks barca. The list goes on...

All il say on fifa is you have to get used to it, its not the same game and it doesnt play the same way, but if you stick with it and actually get good at it, it's a far more realistic game. Sure you can say pro evo is fun, but it used to have realism attached to its gameplay, thats gone out the window and sorry but cricket score games is just kidsplay, not fun, and if im not mistaken that's why we all used to hate fifa, cos it was totally unrealistic and too easy to score.

Pro evo 08 doesnt want to make me go for a game, it makes me want to smash my xbox into a million pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭p.u.d.z.e.r.

I rented FIFA out of xtravision for the week and i must say i liked it. One thing i didnt like was the camera angle, the far side of the pitch seems miles away. Was there not a zoom option in previous fifas?

One thing i really liked was the way its possible to do a custom league with your mates, does anyone know if pes2008 has this feature? I remember pes6 only having friendlies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Pro ev is still the better game. FIFA is still too slow and boring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Id have to say Fifa is better, much more realistic, pes is very sloppy this year and a bit more arcady.

Advertisement