Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North County Dublin Kennel Nightmare

Options
  • 21-11-2007 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Had to leave my dog in a kennel at the last minute as the person who was going to look after my dog was unable to do so due to his father taking ill.

I had to stick the dog in a kennel in swords but was really not impressed with the facility at all. The dogs get little or no walks every day and there's no heating. It's like some kind of battery hen scenario for dogs!

I'm desperate to take the dog out first thing tomorrow but i need somewhere decent to bring him. Anyone know any good kennels where the people actually give a ****e about the dogs general well being? Any ideas really welcome. Portmarnock, Swords, Malahide, Rush, Lusk, Skerries etc type of areas. I'm in Malahide house sitting so closer the better so I can take the dog for walks at the weekend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Dublingirl23

HiSneepmo,

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with boarding kennels. It's really horrid that they didn't care enough to look after your dog. Try www.irishanimals.ie. I'm nearly sure there is a section there that provides contact info for different boarding kennels for your area.

Hope this helps, and I hope you will report this Boarding Kennel for neglect as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Annika30

http://irishrosettespetstore.com

I can strongly recommend this boarding kennel in Lusk.
    Annika

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

The happy hound in cavan were on television last week and looked really great.
    They'll collect your dog in Dublin, and dogs get their own heated room, and lots of walks and play times.
    http://www.boardingkennels.org/details/kennels1.php?recordID=212

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

http://www.bestkennels.ie/default.htm

I've heard very very good things about this crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Can I suggest that (if the circumstances there are REALLY that bad) you do something about it? Do they advertise? Are they lying in their advertisments about walks etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ashlingm

ive PMed you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 HenBB

Why not check the members of the Irish Boarding Kennels and Cattery Association, see their website www.ibkca.com they have a list of members there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

OP How bad is that place in Swords? Would you consider reporting it? Lots of information on irishanimals.ie I hope you find somewhere nicer soon!

Advertisement