Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wii in cork

Options
  • 21-11-2007 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

hey can anyone tell me where i can get a wii in cork? i traipsed around every shop in town today and they didn't have them!! i am obviously not in touch lol, didn't realise how popular they are...and i need it for a pressie. any ideas?

zenzen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

None available anywhere, dude, as far as I'm aware!

But Smiths Toys today announced that they will take deposits from one hundred people only as they have that quantity on order and they expect delivery shortly.

Non-refundable deposit is €50.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

argos?gamestop in blackpool?best of ringing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭corkie

reading on enn.ie recently that there is stock shortages of this for both the US and UK market. See google news for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Keep an eye here aswell... I see they're making €600 on ebay at the mo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

I bought a Wii sports pack in Toys R'Us yesterday for 249 euro.

Real pity I'm in The Hague. My Uncle was delighted as he's tried all over the country looking for one for the wee fella.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i'm in the same situation as the OP but i deperatley need a pink Nintendo DS lite for my daughter from santa....cant get it anywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭zenzen

hey femmy,

still no luck foe me getting my wii - rang game this morning, they had them in. wouldn't reserve one or let me buy over the phone with credit card, ran down (15 mins) and the last one was just bought. very dissapointing eh!!! anyway - i was checking their stock update page and they have the pink ds available online - hope its the right one, i'm not too clued up on these game thingys!!

link: http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=6793&cm_sp=dslite-_-bundles-_-botpink
    zenzen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Femmy wrote: »
    i'm in the same situation as the OP but i deperatley need a pink Nintendo DS lite for my daughter from santa....cant get it anywhere!

My missus got one in Xtravision a week or two ago, seemed to be no shortage at that stage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Thanks guys!! very helpfull!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

or.. you could get a PS3... Nobody seems to want them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I know somebody got one in Argos in Mahon Point last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Signs up at HMV and Game that they are going to have more in before christmas.

Alot of demand for them last year when my brother got one, he went into Game and was lucky to get one of the last ones they had in stock.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

zenzen wrote: »
    hey femmy,

still no luck foe me getting my wii - rang game this morning, they had them in. wouldn't reserve one or let me buy over the phone with credit card, ran down (15 mins) and the last one was just bought. very dissapointing eh!!! anyway - i was checking their stock update page and they have the pink ds available online - hope its the right one, i'm not too clued up on these game thingys!!

link: http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=6793&cm_sp=dslite-_-bundles-_-botpink
    zenzen

That was me last year. Mad dash across town from Mahon to Blackpool to snaffle the second last wii in Gamestop. Every red light was cursed, every slow car was growled at and every pedestrian was glared at. TBH I don't see why they wouldn't take a card payment over the phone but...

@Femmy - Game have a stock update page and it suggests that the Pink DS may be hard to get ( www.game.co.uk/stock)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

Game in Douglas Court

Advertisement