Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

daffodils

Options
  • 21-11-2007 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Would I be wasting my time planting daffodills/snowdrops etc now,is it too late?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Nah, should be fine go for it.
    FYI If you are buying bullbs the prices vary a lot from place to place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭rosyposy

thanks greebo,really am a bit clueless!I would have thought gardening topics would have been more popular on boards?

no worries
    they come and go, usually gets busier in spring & summer as people start to think about "doing something with the grass" for the summer :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Once you get your daffs in by the end of November you'll be fine. Pay attention to the instructions on how deep to sow them though (twice their own length I think) because if you sow them shallowly they won't flower.

Once you get your daffs in by the end of November you'll be fine. Pay attention to the instructions on how deep to sow them though (twice their own length I think) because if you sow them shallowly they won't flower.

an excellent point (and one that I meant to say)
    When I started I sowed everything too deep and it wouldnt come up for months (if at all)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Make sure they're deep enough to prevent the jackdaws from digging them out, I planted a hundred-weight of bulbs and our feathery friends had a field day.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Morkin

Is it also ok for tulips? I bought a load of both a few weeks back but a new baby has eaten all my time - and sleep :)

Thanks,

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Morkin wrote: »
    Is it also ok for tulips? I bought a load of both a few weeks back but a new baby has eaten all my time - and sleep :)

Thanks,

M.

Yes

Advertisement