Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Flat tyre. Took all nuts off wheel but it wont come off. Any ideas?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

BnA wrote: »
    Very simple

Pop the boot

Take out your hurley. (Not your good one, use an old one in case you damage it)

Bate the tyre (not the wheel) like it's the only thing between you and burstin' the net in the last minute of the county final to win it for the first time in your parish in 100 years and so guaranteeing you free pints for the rest of your life as you re live the moment with a barstool and a scrunched up beer mat every Saturday night \ Sunday Moorning at about 6 am.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Best way is to refit the bolts and then back them all off by three or four turns, drive slowly along and make a hard turn in a direction away from the puncture side, the weight of the car should pop the wheel away from the hub and allow you you to stop and jack the car and remove the wheel.
    Works every time, just make sure that the wheel nuts aren't backed off too much.
    Think about it a car weighs much more than any sledge hammer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭peteburnshndbag

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Best way is to refit the bolts and then back them all off by three or four turns, drive slowly along and make a hard turn in a direction away from the puncture side, the weight of the car should pop the wheel away from the hub and allow you you to stop and jack the car and remove the wheel.
    Works every time, just make sure that the wheel nuts aren't backed off too much.
    Think about it a car weighs much more than any sledge hammer :)

I rang Fastfit this morning, and this is exactly what he told me to do aswell.

I didnt really know what i was doing so i asked him could he get it off if i got the car to him.

I bought a can of that tyre-weld stuff, and i was trying to use it this morning, but it says you have to completely DEFLATE the tyre before applying it.
    I know this sounds so thick, but i hadnt a clue how to de-flate a tyre. So i had to drive the car down to FastFit with a flat. Luckily I made it down.

The tyre just popped off so easy when they unbolted it. I was thinking it was probably cause of all the stuff we had tried on it the last 2days, and the washing up liquid my dad put on the wheel.

They only charged me 15Euro aswell. I thought i was gonna have to buy a new tyre, but they just fixed the flat for me and put it back on. Chuffed with that. Was expecting to hand out at least 80Euro..

Just wanted to say Thanks for all the suggestions.. really helped me out..

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

this is exactly what he told me to do aswell

It's pretty much the same as what anan1 suggested to you about 24 hours ago. Did you try it? If not, it might have worked, saving yourself some money / hassle ;)

Advertisement