Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair ban from Christianity forum.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

ned78 wrote: »
    And no Mod on boards will ever agree with you. I've argued the merits of having a 1 warning, then a ban system, but the Mods pretty much stood up in unison and said they didn't have the time to implement it. The irony is that they have the time to enter into pointless debates time and time again in the feedback/helpdesk forums when users question the bans.

Honestly, I'd just like to see some consistency in the use of the power. If a mod uses the ban option in one case then he must apply that same level to everyone or it becomes persecution (no pun intended).

If my comment, in the context it was used warrants a ban then by rights a great swathe of posters on that forum should be banned to.

If not, lift the ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

You may be banned from Christianity but you have a great future in Lolocaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Hagar wrote: »
    You may be banned from Christianity but you have a great future in Lolocaust.

Sorry, but If I ever post something that funny, I demand to be made a Mod of humour.

I accept my wait for modship may be a long one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Honestly, I'd just like to see some consistency in the use of the power.
    You were warned many times, you admitted many times that your posts were inflammatory. You ran out of luck on this one. The ban stands. God is not happy being called a Zombie. Accept it and move on.

Asiaprod wrote: »
    You were warned many times, you admitted many times that your posts were inflammatory. You ran out of luck on this one. The ban stands. God is not happy being called a Zombie. Accept it and move on.

Warned many times ... what?

Sorry Asia but thats not true at all. I have had many barneys over various topics in that forum and the atheism forum and I have admitted to being forthright but not deliberately inflamatory. I have never recieved a "warning" for anything, at least not one that could be taken seriously or is justifiable in any context.

edit: In relation to your "zombie" point, thats a little presumptive isnt it? You are getting offended by something that was not intended to offend on the behalf of someone or something else. My comment was meant in humour, irreverent though it may be, choosing to get upset by it when dozens of other, far more inflamatory (your word not mine) posts have been made without objection is a double standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

oh,this thread :)

A zombie is a reanimated corpse
    Modern zombies, as portrayed in books, films, and haunted attractions, are quite different from both Voodoo zombies and those of folklore. Modern zombies are typically depicted in popular culture as mindless, unfeeling monsters with a hunger for human flesh, a prototype established in the seminal 1968 film Night of the Living Dead.
    Undead is a collective name for mythological beings that are deceased yet behave as if alive. Undead may be spiritual, such as ghosts, or corporeal, such as vampires and zombies. Undead are featured in the legends of most cultures and in many works of fiction, especially fantasy and horror fiction.
    God is not happy being called a Zombie
    i didnt see him posting saying he didnt. im sorry this annoys you but a ban on the grounds that god mightnt like being called a zombie is both ridiculous and hilarious.
    can someone be banned for dissing satan? :rolleyes:

im not fighting for hivmind to be unbanned (that more than likely wont happen)
    im just making a point,

Nerin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Actually what is the correct term for someone who rises from the dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

6th wrote: »

Teh Jeebus.

jesus-brb-lol.jpg

Depends on whether they are alive again or not.

Traditionally a zombie is not actually dead anyway (in Voodoun), merely under the effect of a a drug, hypnosis or convinced that they are or were dead.

I suppose a revenant would be apt also.

probably what annoyed them was their idea of a zombie, they probably think all decayed,dumb and icky when they think zombie,
    now a suave undead person,with no icky bits, like a vampire (minus the sucking) wuld probably not insult them.
    its all down to perception really.

• Advertisement

nerin wrote: »
    can someone be banned for dissing satan? :rolleyes:
    Yes, from the Satanist Forum.
    Local rules apply, locally. Learn to live with it.

Learn to live with it.
    em,you say it so gruffly ;)

i dont have a problem,i just find this thread interesting,and will present some facts and points of view now and then.

also, we have a satanism forum?

also, we have a satanism forum?
    Nope, you'll have to learn to live without it. :D:D:D
    Yin and yang, good and evil, light and dark, Podge and Rodge...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

If they do it on their own: GOD

If God does it to them: lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Hive, in such times of trouble as these, you just have to ask yourself.. "What would Jebus do?"

An eye for an eye? Only leads to the world going blind.
    Turn the other cheek? Well, that one only extenuates the downtroddenment of the docile. (Ingenious bit of tactical planning by the book-writers, that one.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

God is not happy being called a Zombie
    i didnt see him posting saying he didnt.

Perhaps He PM'ed one of the mods - rather like the OP should have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Warned many times ... what?

Sorry Asia but thats not true at all. I have had many barneys over various topics in that forum and the atheism forum and I have admitted to being forthright but not deliberately inflamatory. I have never recieved a "warning" for anything, at least not one that could be taken seriously or is justifiable in any context.

edit: In relation to your "zombie" point, thats a little presumptive isnt it? You are getting offended by something that was not intended to offend on the behalf of someone or something else. My comment was meant in humour, irreverent though it may be, choosing to get upset by it when dozens of other, far more inflamatory (your word not mine) posts have been made without objection is a double standard.
    I've questioned the bible on a few occasions, but I've never even been warned.
    I questioned it, but I didn't do it aggresively.
    You could learn a lesson from me. I'm great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Jesus wasn't a fucking zombie. He was a raptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

zombiekitty.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Tzetze wrote: »
    Hive, in such times of trouble as these, you just have to ask yourself.. "What would Jebus do?"

Feast on the flesh of the living of course. Its what gives him his super human strength.

• Advertisement

Perhaps He PM'ed one of the mods - rather like the OP should have done.
    now that'd be awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I have been banned by Brian Calgary from the Christianity forum for what he has dubbed "name calling".

Apparently referring to Jesus as a "jewish zombie" warrants a ban.

Exactly what else would you call a creature raised from the dead of the Hebrew religion?

Is he implying that I am an anti-semite?

Can he justify this statement or ban in any other respect than a prejudice to my points refuting the assumption of the default position of Christs existance?

Surely open debate and a sense of humour or not frowned upon now as well?

Requesting the ban be lifted.

edit: I also would point out that there was a picture in the forum recently of Christ making the same point I did and I do not believe that earned a ban.

ask him to turn the other cheek.

these religious freaks are never fair if you ask me.

its all well and good being nice to your neighbour until he steals your false idols, sleeps with your wife, kills your dog and hates his parents.

its all a bit emo....

I keep coming back to this point.

Either implement the same rules for everyone or the rules are only a tool for religious zealots to persecute others.

There are a half dozen comments a day worse than mine, most are our of context and a greater majority still are intended to inflame rather than make a point.

Either ban everyone who says god doesnt exist, jesus may have been a fiction or denies the holy ghost (or whatever piece of heretical sentiment you wish) or admit that you are using a double standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

God is not happy....

lol

RuggieBear wrote: »
    God is not happy....

lol

Apparently not.

He's also very busy because he is delegating his workload to the mods on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

It would be hypocritical of me to post a JesusLOL here so I'll leave it at LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Ban deserved IMO. You intentionally meant to incense. Its the christianity forum afterall :rolleyes: These arguments of whats a zombie are irrelevant tbh and you are trying to reconcile the irreconciable (sic?)

10 Hail Marys :p

Man you guys should do a Google image search for "Zombie Jesus" ....... WOW!

6760zombiejesus.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I keep coming back to this point.

Either implement the same rules for everyone or the rules are only a tool for religious zealots to persecute others.

There are a half dozen comments a day worse than mine, most are our of context and a greater majority still are intended to inflame rather than make a point.

Either ban everyone who says god doesnt exist, jesus may have been a fiction or denies the holy ghost (or whatever piece of heretical sentiment you wish) or admit that you are using a double standard.

Oh please different forums have different rules, if you tought other people's posts were in breach of the charter you should have reported them.

I can say in many forums that soccer is a load of bollock but if I was to say it in the soccer forum I would get a ban and rightly so.

Advertisement