Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matt Hardy Out 8-10 Weeks

• 21-11-2007 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

I'm surprised no one's posted this, I heard about it this morning. Matt Hardy had emergency surgery last night to remove his appendix. He was backstage at Smackdown and he was feeling very sick he said

WWE.com have a short interview with him here: http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/articles/4748330/hardyupdate

Hopefully he makes it back in good shape

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Thats pretty bad. I hope wwe give him a good return against MVP an win the title and then build him up into the heavyweight division during 2008

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

bad timing for matt, though atleast its only his appendix. hopefully he will still be pushed as much when he returns, its a shame to waste the reaction he gets from the crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

bad timing for matt, though atleast its only his appendix. hopefully he will still be pushed as much when he returns, its a shame to waste the reaction he gets from the crowd

I don't actually think it is bad timing. Obviously any injury carries some element of bad timing, but if this had happened a few months ago then his feud with MVP wouldn't have really got going. And if it happened a few months from now then he'd probably miss WM. Plus it's happened right after an injury angle they did last week. When Matt comes back they'll easily be able to keep the feud going til WM which would be really cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That's a real shame. Hope he gets well quickly. I don't think it should ruin his feud with MVP and actually I hope they do something with MVP and Jeff to help prolong it.

Tomko's injured too by the sounds of it, possibly a torn abdominal muscle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Be nice to see Christian take his place with AJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Fozzy wrote: »
    I don't actually think it is bad timing. Obviously any injury carries some element of bad timing, but if this had happened a few months ago then his feud with MVP wouldn't have really got going. And if it happened a few months from now then he'd probably miss WM. Plus it's happened right after an injury angle they did last week. When Matt comes back they'll easily be able to keep the feud going til WM which would be really cool

Spot on!

Although is odd they addressed the appendix issue usually they would have just gone with an MVP injuring his knee worse than they thought deal, although they did try to link appendicitis to MVP which was funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'd be delighted if they now went with an MVP/Rey feud. They had a fantastic match on Smackdown a while back and a prolonged feud would be incredible.

I think MVP is awesome. His in ring work is constantly improving in leaps and bounds, he's definitely over and he even has a ****tily ineffective finisher in the ballin' elbow that seems to be mandatory with their bigger stars! Of course MVP openly admit5ting to being a Kawada mark and to studying his tapes in his spare time as well as utilising his kicks in his moveset is always going to endear him to me.

Kawada > YOU!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Theironic thing is that if MVP does reach the top his gimmick would be pointless

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

MVP is a great wrestler there no denying that but he wont reach the top level for one simple reason which is gunna be unpopular but its his tatoos!

There disgraceful looking and more than lilkey why he has to wear that outfit and as much as some of you will think its bull**** WWE wont have a guy in power ranger suit as there top guy ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

whats wrong with his tattoos??? i have never seen them, always wondered about the ring gear though

There's a feature up on WWE.com where they talk about a wrestler's tattoos and MVP is one of the guys they profiled. I can only remember him having a tattoo of Malcolm X on his chest. Santino has a tattoo of Conan the Barbarian that I hadn't noticed

Looking like a power ranger never did Jushin Liger any harm!

http://www.wwe.com/inside/superstarink/mvp/

Here’s a link to his tattoos, see their hideous looking things!

Maybe it’s just me but it annoys when wrestlers dress badly (The Undertakers snake skin pants at survivor series 2000 actually upset me)

Jushin Thunder Liger was an awesome wrestler I remember watching him on eurosport many years ago and he had a great look for the time! Plus it was prolly before the power rangers came out lol . But that was Japan this is present day WWE where the top newish guys are Orton, Cena and Batista.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

That Malcolm X one is ****ing brutal.

Indeed it is I thought it was Ray Charles for months.

MVP has gang tattoos thats why he wears the suit it says that in the article

Advertisement