Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Ecw Star(CONTAINS SPOILERS)

• 21-11-2007 9:06pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The ECW roster grew bigger – and more athletic – on Tuesday night. After Elijah Burke sang praises for him, Shelton Benjamin made his ECW on Sci Fi debut by wasting no time. He left his mark, defeating ECW Original Tommy Dreamer with a strong performance.

“What I’d like to say right off the bat,” said ECW General Manager Armando Estrada, “is that by signing the most athletically gifted man in the entire WWE, he brings, without a shadow of a doubt, credibility to the ECW brand.”

Benjamin’s label of most athletic man in sports-entertainment is not likely to be argued by many. Even Dreamer had to admit to the former Raw Superstar’s talents.

“I think Shelton Benjamin is an amazing athlete who has yet to reach his potential,” he said. “If he reaches the potential that he could have, he will elevate the brand to new heights. But I’m sure his ego and attitude will get in the way.”

Benjamin boasts the Intercontinental Championship and a share of the WWE Tag Team Championship on his resumé. Burke emerged as the first man on his list of references. ECW’s self-proclaimed Guiding Light reminded the Tampa, Fla., audience that he once changed the face of the brand. He then added that he is doing it again now by convincing his close friend, Benjamin, to join the Land of the Extreme.

“Bottom line is, I’m here and my presence simply upgrades the show entirely,” said ECW’s newest Superstar. “As the greatest athlete in the history of professional wrestling, I give ECW prestige and credibility. I give the brand someone our fans can depend on.”

Benjamin may be here to put on eyebrow-raising performances for our fans, but he is not here for anyone else – except for himself.

“Quite frankly, the ECW Superstars should be running scared,” he said. “I’m not here to blend in. I’m not here to get along. I am here to take over.”

ECW on Sci Fi has always been filled with confident Superstars making runs at the ECW Championship. From the Tuesday Night Delight John Morrison to the behemoth Big Daddy V, our fans have seen myriad of hungry men craving the gold. Now, the race to the top just got more crowded.

“I’m not happy sitting in the back and watching other guys run the show,” said Benjamin. “I am here for a purpose, and that purpose is to be ECW Championship. That’s what everyone’s goal should be and if it’s not, then get the hell out of my way.”

So long WGTT and Charlie Haas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Shelton is one of the best wrestlers out there today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Yeah, looks like Haas is in limbo now, please don't team him up with Holly again

Shelton hasn't been used much on Raw, he has the potential to make ECW more interesting. I'd really like if they paired him up with Matt Striker as his mouthpiece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

ECW needs another face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear this in the coming weeks:

"World Wrestling Entertainment(TM) Inc. have come to terms on the release of Charlie Hass. We wish him every success in his future endeavors."

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

yup i would say it will be before the end of the year id say along with Carlito

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Shame for Haas, get him in ROH, lively!

Glad to see Benjamin do something. Hopefully he gets a decent push now on ECW. Him vs Punk should be great too. But yes, ECW has literally no faces apart from Punk. Dreamer doesn't count. Burke was meant to be a good face in OVW, but if he's Benjamin's buddy he won't be changed any time soon. It's not like they can take any faces off Smackdown considering they have no one either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I think that the lack of faces on ECW is some misguided attempt by the WWE to make it seem like a much "tougher" division

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

dlofnep wrote: »
    Shelton is one of the best wrestlers out there today.

No he's not.

If he was he would n't have had his massive push curtailed 12-18 months ago for constantly botching big moves and general sloppiness. Benjamin is MASSIVELY overrated by the internet. Just because he can run up a ladder doesn't make him a good worker in any way, shape or form.

I was PRAYING when I read the title to this thread that Colt Cabana had finally been given his big chance. I will mark out MASSIVELY whenever he gets to TV. I cannot think of a more deserving guy, who suits the WWE style better than Colt. He has the potential and charisma to go further than Punk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Do you reckon they could set up a story with Haas getting pissed with Shelton for skipping out on TWGTT, and then taking him on in ECW based on that - as a face?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I couldn't see them giving Haas a push, especially considering ECW has very limited time slot. I'd say your more likely to see some kind of mini-nation thing with Burke and Shelton

• Advertisement
Advertisement