Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male clothes shops in Cork city.

Options
  • 21-11-2007 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any tips as to where a male student should shop in Cork city?

My favourite brands are the likes of Firetrap, G-Star, Jack & Jones etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Jack & Jones, FCUK, River Island, GQ, Quills... All on Patrick's st :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

The mens section for River Island is pathetic if I remember correctly.

Anywhere besides the shops on Pat's street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Orizio wrote: »
    Great if your metrosexual I thought the last time I was in there..granted it would be a year ago now.

How about prime time/tubes?

Edit: Actually has tubes gone?? Havnt been in town in ages and I think I vaguely remember hearing this?!!

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    Edit: Actually has tubes gone?? Havnt been in town in ages and I think I vaguely remember hearing this?!!

Nope, it's moved to Cook Street (i think, one of the side streets anyway) McCarthy's moved too, down by where the new Vibes & Scribes is...

Another place to look is Debenhams (i think it's rubbish, but that's just me) or if you're into tubes types shops, try inside shop on bridge st, that's quite good... Also i'll second prime time as a quality shop, although it is quite expensive...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Ah musta hearing things so then when I thought they had gone!

Ya prime time is expensive alright..

Emmm..trying to think of other places..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Orizio wrote: »

Yeah, its bad alright, not a River Island fan anyway, I think a lot of their stuff is way over priced.

Jack and Jones is a decent shop, price very fair.

Not a whole lot of mens shops out in Mahon either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I always found the clothes at Jack & Jones to be of fairly poor quality, stitching often tends to fall apart after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

noone's mentioned Timberland on the Grand Parade yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

dulpit wrote: »
    McCarthy's moved too,

Matthews even?

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    Matthews even?

That's the one, my bad... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I always found the clothes at Jack & Jones to be of fairly poor quality, stitching often tends to fall apart after a while.

Some of the cheap t-shirts would be like that alright. Their jeans, jumpers and shirts are quite good quality though I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Some of the cheap t-shirts would be like that alright. Their jeans, jumpers and shirts are quite good quality though I think.

nope, I bought quite an expensive shirt there and it sort of fell apart! That was a few years ago so maybe they have improved their quality, I will never know because I wouldn't bother buying anything there anymore.

Advertisement