Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo tat

Options
  • 21-11-2007 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

I feel like getting a little homage to one of my favourite past times - playing Nintendo games. It's just a crazy little idea I had today and have no idea what it would consist of yet so still searching for some inspiration. Only problem is I don't want it conflicting with my other tat, which is completely different. It's on my right shoulder so I'm going to have to rule out my back. I also want to be able to hide it so that rules out my arms. I wouldn't be getting anything too big. Possibly Toad, about an inch in size although the character/image will probs change. Old school nintendo would be pretty cool too, like real pixellated looking. Another idea I was thinking about would be getting the Zelda logo so it would complement my other tat which I would possibly get done on my lower back. Any ideas/criticisms/advice? Cheers!

Idea 1:
    toad1.jpg

Idea 2:
    ?source=9780761555735&width=309

What I need to take into consideration :
    3644818415a5520056220l.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I like the idea of the Zelda logo. I'd say get that one. I saw some guy once who had all the different type of mario mushrooms on his arm, maybe another idea for ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Get an old nintendo control pad and the different mushrooms. What about Mario, Luigi, Link and other well known characters. A whole back piece of nintendo characters would be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

That's a bit too much for me now! Like the idea of the controller though. A Nes one would be pretty funky. I'm undecided on the mushrooms. They'd be cool but would they be a little overdone? And I don't want to overshadow my other tat because it was there first so it wouldn't be fair on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Get a lil Yoshi! Yoshi is sooo cute!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Loads of people have the mushrooms. How about an actual gameboy like the old blocky grey ones.

xtruthx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Idea #2 looks very nazi-esque...
    I still think the small 1up mushroom is the coolest tattoo going.

Hmm... the nazi comment is a fair point actually. I like the way it's a little harsh though, it's a bit different to my usual style. I guess clean lines and things would be nice. That's why the Nes controller appeals, it's a little more grown up, well as grown up as any Nintendo related thing would be. Got another idea in my head totally unrelated to this. Still in the early planning stages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i like the mushroom ideas alright, youl find loads of ideas on modblog from times gone by under nerd tattoos if i remember correctly. something different that hasnt been done before would be cool.

il think of stuff, if you hear someone shouting about mario things it will be me in uni trying to get your attention :p haha

Heh, you looked absolutely terrified when I waved at you the other day. Am I that scary in the mornings? :p

I've another slightly different idea at the mo too. Thinking of getting a lyric in cursive writing on my hip. I'm having trouble picturing a cartoon on my body. I can't think of a place that it would look quite right on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i was still asleep walking in to uni, fell asleep on the bus. was in what i call zombie mode, walking at a slow pace, brain activity minimal. you sorta woke me up *shakes fist*

Inner lip tattoos are great, my mate had one that said "cheer up" on it. funny, theyre ment to be funny. ok wait you wrote hip, get uhm the old snes gun for the duck hunting game?

• Advertisement

Naw, I mean get a bit of cursive writing there instead of the Nintendo idea. I can't picture a cartoon on myself. Was going to get some writing on my wrist at one point but realised I'd rather be able to hide it completely if needs be. I'm looking to go into secondary teaching so need to be able to look respectable at times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I want an inner lip tat. It just seems silly to get one as my first...

By the way I got a Wii yesterday and I'm having so much fun i want to get a remote tattooed on me, haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

bmepb613440.jpg

Really badly done but(imo) it will give you an idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Or maybe something like this but coloured

http://gaygamer.net/2006/08/stained_glass_zelda_tattoo.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

The first is class there Emmet!

Maybe Paper Mario, that coulddd be cool? Or DK throwing a barrel at Diddy Kong? Lmao!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Something like this would be DEADLY but I dunno how you could do it justice as a tattoo while still keeping the image looking as good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

http://www.bmeink.com/A70804/high/bmepb578026.jpg
    Power up mushrooms! Just look under geek at BMEink.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

the classic Mario

300px-Mario.svg.png

Advertisement