Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ATTENTION PW Readers and posters!!!

• 21-11-2007 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Apologies for the title, but I really need to get everyone's attention. This should go in the PW Podcast thread, but I dunno if many people read it there.
    It has just been brought to my attention that my broadcast colleague VR, has had to take some time off, until the new year. The reasons, at this time, remain unknown.
    Rumors that he has failed a drug test and is suspended from the PW Podcast for 60 days (yes, we are that strict on a first offense at the PW Podcast) are as of this post unconfirmed.
    I would hope to have more info on the situation soon.

As of this press release, the Boards.ie PW Podcast is officially on hiatus, until further notice.

I would hope to have a temporary host in place and possibly some recording software by next week at the earliest, but with college exams and Christmas coming up, this may not be possible.

On behalf of me and VR, I would like to extend my grattitude to all of our listeners, who have been so supportive of the Podcast (all 3 installments).
    I hope this will continue sometime in late January/early February at the latest.

Although, if this is the end, I'd just like to say, for me personally, it has been scary, it's been tiring, but it's been one hell of a ride and an honor.

Thanks,
    Minto

If anyone is interested in replacing VR (temporarily), please PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Surely VR can find a mark doctor to give him a prescription? I bet his levels of testosterone are pretty low anyway!!:D boom... boom! I`m here all week:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

It's 'roids, isn't it?
    Damn wellness policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think he's gone to get revenge on Chris Jericho.

He couldn't break the code so he's going to break his legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I think he's gone to get revenge on Chris Jericho.

He couldn't break the code so he's going to break his legs.
    LMAO.

It wasn't Jericho anyway. It was the Brooklyn brawler dressed as Jericho. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I'd be interested in replacing him temporarily, haven't got any experience in radio broadcasting though (though it's an area I do want to move into soon), more of a written man.

Drop me a line in pm and let me smell what your cookin' (and I swear I usually don't talk in Rock euphemisms)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Was talking to VR turns out he's just gone to find his smile!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Was talking to VR turns out he's just gone to find his smile!

"I`m VR and I`m loving life!":p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Just to give ye a quick update, we just got the results of the latest PW Wellness Policy tests. VR did not test positive for any podcast-enhancing drugs, but he did test positive for mass ego. Come to think of it, there may have been trace amounts of ego in my system too, but I can't say for sure, cos my results 'dissapeared' (Hey, if WWE get away with it, why can't we?).

I don't know about him 'losing his smile' or if he is or isn't 'loving life', but I do know that....

***Video interrupts Minto's epic (see the trace amounts of ego? No? Me, neither!) speech***
    010Save_us.2V2R21001
    101102nd coming011101
    01JAN/2008/VR0100101

***End of video***

WTF?!? VR?

Ah, f*ck it, it's probably Edge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Minto wrote: »
    Ah, f*ck it, it's probably Edge!

My thoughts exactly. If he is coming back it'll be on the Boards.ie 10th anniversary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Those last few posts are hilarious!!!:D

I for one miss VR anyhow, like him or not, he always made this place interesting and always stimulated decent conversation.

Break the Code!

• Advertisement
Advertisement