Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are English Pet foods safe?

• 21-11-2007 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Are English pet foods safe? With all the ANIMAL AND BIRD DISEASES how could they be safe for our loving pets?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They have outbreaks in other contries & you have not mentioned them!

OF course they are safe! Infected animals can not be used in ANY FOOD PRODUCTION!

As an ENGLISH person I am disgusted by this question!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭heirenach

Irish foods are very good but they are kept in the shadows.I personally would not eat English meat and wouldnt give it to my pets. Sorry, didnt mean to insult English people,but we all know that in any industry results depend on so many people involved and mistakes could be always possible. Requirements in pet industry would not be as strict as human food consumption so who can quarantee that it's 100% safe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Eh hello, there have been plenty of outbreaks of nasty things like foot and mouth in Ireland!

I'd be more worried about the brains, ash, connective tissue in most pet foods tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

some people get more worried about what they feed thier pets than what they feed themselves. I dont get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

I would say that English pet foods are not only safe, but also some of the best foods in the world, and no Im not English, My opinion on pet food is that if your buying a processed food, spend a little extra and get a really good one. if its fish food or dog food, a high quality food is aways better. Britian, being one of the most advanced and richest Countries in the world can afford to make a good quality pet food. Irish pet food is good but as far as high quality goes I would recommend US or UK. Although any canned food from any country is bad for your dog or cat, too much sugar. as far as food goes Whens the last time you heard of a domestic pet getting sick from anything other then a poor quality diet or allergies? Dont make a problem out of nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

From what I was told the pet food industry is more tightly controlled than human food - I know many people who work in our local Irish owed meat factory & its disgusting some of the things that happen to the prime beef they produce!

Also if you are really worried - buy a farm & raise organice free range animals & slaughter them yourself - that the ONLY way to know what happens to the food you buy & eat!

I would also say there is more meat in a can of cat food than a nice tin of meatballs! Have you opened the new packs of whiskars of felix foods like oh so fishy?? Looks & smells just like a tin of tuna or tin of salmon etc. Sheba cat food looks a thousand times nicer than human tinned food! It even smells & looks like real home cooked dinners etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭heirenach

Bond-007 wrote: »
    From what I was told the pet food industry is more tightly controlled than human food - I know many people who work in our local Irish owed meat factory & its disgusting some of the things that happen to the prime beef they produce!

Also if you are really worried - buy a farm & raisSe organice free range animals & slaughter them yourself - that the ONLY way to know what happens to the food you buy & eat!

I Hope pet food is not more controlled than human food it sounds crazy.Than maybe we should eat cat and dog food? Maybe shaken not stirred :D
    I dont think its the best choice to run an organic farm.Stomach cancer is so prevelant in our dogs these days.I try to feed my dogs the best foods i can. With so many foods on the market these days its hard to find the safe and nutritious ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

I was in Aldi today and this guy had a full trolly of various Aldi dog foods. I could only feel sad for the poor dog(s).

Not saying Aldi foods are bad but i would not use them. :rolleyes:

Advertisement