Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone use maths grinds from digitalgrinds.ie?

Options
  • 21-11-2007 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭

hey guys, I was just browsing some lc sites and I came across a link for www.digitalgrinds.ie .. I thought it looked good so I downloaded the demo, and it actually seems really good! Ive ordered their 2hour demo now just to see what its like even more but I think there is a good chance I will buy the full version,
    It explains everything on the Maths Higher level Paper1 really clearly with full solutions to 2006 and 2005..there is only one sum on the downloaded demo but it takes the sum and goes through it step by step explaining all the theory behind it.. a hell of a lot clearer than my maths book anyway!

It also seems to be pretty good value quoting over 30hours of tutorials for 49.99..

Im just wondering has anyone used it before and did you find it good??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

I have it and I think it's pretty good, the only thing I don't like about it is that sometimes the voice starts going on about random other stuff while you're in the middle of a theory section. But I like the way it does all the solutions, if they had a paper two one I'd get that too.

Also, 49.99? I got mine for 20...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Thanks for the feedback,May I ask where you got it for 20? Its 49.99 on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

Through my maths teacher. We got to test out the full software for a week and if we liked it we could buy it, if not give it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I got it through my maths teacher aswell and I wasnt really impressed. They only have exam questions from 05 and 06 and the overall presentation (kiddy cartoons, annoying voice over, "mystery prizes" for making the correct guess of a simple question with 4 possible answers) makes it look like its aimed at 7 year olds

The "Prepare your mind" section is just insulting. 4 minutes of staring at a picture of your choice with classical music playing in the background.

The actual teaching of the sections is actually done fairly well. Being able to go through each step in your own time for long equations is cool.

It wont appeal to most but some of you might like it

Advertisement