Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Beers? (was Beer on Friday)

Options
  • 21-11-2007 11:08pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Short notice I know, but put it down to me being a useless fecker. Anyway. Beers? Friday? I'll be back in the country as of Thursday evening. Oh, and if anyone's got JohnK's number in Waterford, get him to come down too. It's only an hour on the bus :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I can't drink this weekend. How long are you around for? Blitz was planning on organising a trip to flicks Friday week or so. Something suitably awful, Hitman or summat.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Only around 'til Sunday, although I suppose we could be experimental and try some sort of non-beverage related outing. Have you permission to eat? Could try going for food instead...

Nah, can't eat until next week either, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'm in Italy for the weekend, so unfortunately I won't be here. Going to have to get to a boards meet soon though.

Will you wear your Oakleys though? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Only if you wear your speedo's Adam!

Hey, I might not actually look half bad in a Speedo these days. You like to Scuba?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Stuck this earlier.

I was going to suggest a meet up over the Christmas, specifically because it's been a while since one was suggested on here, and also because I haven't met any of you.

I can bring speedos, but it would probably be best if I didn't...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

hawt menz only to wear speedos. paper bags for the rest of ye.

beer this friday being the 23rd? was planning on getting toasted w/ the lads before herself gets into town and meetin up w/ her then

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Looks like there won't be anyone from here along tomorrow so I may join ye. Xmas beers would also be a good idea...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

So there's no beers this Friday? :(

This Friday is out for me :(

Mrs. Roundy is off to a hen night, may God have mercy on her soul, so I'll have to stay within falling distance of home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

I'll have to stay within falling distance of home.

Solution: Start bringing beers to East Cork!!:D

You do reside in East Cork right or where did I get that idea from?!!

You're right, I do.

We have to think of the Westies though (and not the ones who live(d) in Spain).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Ah who can resist a trip the lovely East..besides, with lodging complete with full irish breakfast in the morning provided by your lovely self im sure everyone (including the wshties!!!:)) will all be onboard with the idea!!:D

Can't do tomorrow anyway, youngfella coming over.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

perhaps with enough notice we can organise a christmas beers now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I could probably make something over Christmas.

Suggest a few dates, guys, and I'll put a poll up or something.

Venue? Franciscan Well, or elsewhere?

The 7th? Seems early but it's the only Friday in December I'm not working.

• Advertisement

I can do the 7th :)

I can't, unfortunately. I'm kinda tied to the 30th of this month or the 21st of next.

(NOTE: There will be a return to Frist Firday from around the end of February next year. Long term preparation for the stag and all that.)

adam

i finish work at nine or ten on a friday, so straigh to the pub w/ me. most evenings over xmas i'd be free. except for teh bday, and ppl are more than welcome to come boozing for that

a day, as yet to be decided, between christmas day and new years day would be most convenient.

in the unlikely event of us getting large numbers of guaranteed yes's prior to the event we can see if we can scab some free munch somewhere.

n00bs, put your name down to watch a grown man get completely scuttered on one pint of rebel red.

Friday the 28th so?

I'm afraid that rules me out :(

I have a best man speech to give on the 27th, and the following day is earmarked for a session in East Cork, a post marital post mortem as it were.

My apologies guys, I was looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

working 27,28,&29.... last days of getting paid for anything.....

oh LETS do something before xmas! gwan!!!!!!

Guys,

Can we wangle something prior to Jeebus' birthday at all?

ned, scientist,Fast Mover, Aidan W. etc., you guys up for a few?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I'm on the early morning shift at work until Christmas, and the staff party is this Sat. So unless either Sunday, or the following weekend (22/23) is chosen then I'll likely have to pass. Family wedding on the 28th, so that rules those few days out.

Advertisement