Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof-Reading For Foreign Language Assignments?

• 21-11-2007 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hey all I dont even know if this kind of thing is forbidden by UL as a rule, but if not, is there any such service in college that you can have work in languages such as French, Irish, Spanish proof-read before handing it in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Hmmm I don't know to be honest with you. What I will say is that a friend of mine put a lot of work into an essay last year and got a native speaker to read through it beforehand... He was graded an A1 and was called up by the lecturer on plagiarism because it was considerably better than his usual standard. Had great difficulty in arguing his case; he had drafts and notes and what not and eventually won, because he was innocent, but it was difficult. Ask your lecturer first, I'd advise.

Advertisement