Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another stolen bike thread

Options
  • 21-11-2007 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭

My bike wa stolen from outside my house in Ballygall this evening. It's a Kona Dew Deluxe Silver with disc brakes. It has a Bor Yueh pannier rack on the back and a Delta Airzounds horn. It has Time Atac XS pedals. Pictures below

2K7_DEWDELUXE_big.jpg

6399.jpg

Please let me know if you are offered this bike for sale.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Not being smart but people from all over Ireland will be reading your post so make it easy for us to help you.
    Whereabouts is Ballygall?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Why did you leave it outside? You cant leave anything lying around these days:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Between Finglas and Glasnevin, Dublin 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Jesus thats harsh, tis a nice bike. You really can't leave them anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Hard luck, dude. Keep an eye out in the usual classified ad places, though. If the thief recognised the name Kona, then he probably won't be just selling it to some geezer in a pub.

• Advertisement

Looks like the house insurance will cover it. Does anyone know if Cyclelogical will give out insurance estimates (I didn't buy the bike there) or any other shop in Dublin that sells Kona that will give insurance estimates.

I'd ring Cliff in Cyclelogical. He might help you out.
    penexpers wrote: »
    Looks like the house insurance will cover it. Does anyone know if Cyclelogical will give out insurance estimates (I didn't buy the bike there) or any other shop in Dublin that sells Kona that will give insurance estimates.

Who is your household policy with, by the way, and is the bike listed specifically on it?
    penexpers wrote: »

House insurance is with Alliianz Direct. Bike isn't specifically listed on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

****!!!
    my shop is around that area, ill keep a eye out for it, a dew with spds nd a pannier shouldnt be too hard to spot.
    do you have the frame number in case i do get asked by a scumbag how much its worth???
    cant do feck all without the frame number!!!
    saw some scummer on a kona stinky last nite.....pity the guy who finds that gone! alot of konas gettin robbed!!! id say that dew is a x-mas present, this guy prob robs to order.

• Advertisement

I don't have a frame number. A few other things that might make it distinctive.

- It still has the sticker indicating frame size (56cm).
    - It still has the plastic coating around the Kona logos on the frame.
    - I had to replace the rear tube and the valve doesn't stick out all the way. Also the valve is a different colour to the one on the front wheel.

Advertisement