Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 wireless modem usb,setting up 2 pcs

Options
  • 21-11-2007 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

MY friend has 3 USB MODEM,so im wondering how to get second pc to share the net connection.IS IT just activate ics internet shared connection on her winxp laptop,connect laptop to a router ,run a network cable to the desktop pc.I,M just wondering any1 out there tried this ?OR is it just one modem,one connection, no sharing.SHES getting 56kps at present, just got data modem today.Theres a 3 prong usb cable in the modem pack, is that for connecting a mobile to data network,one end says power,i presume it plugs into your pc,or 3modem, whats it for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

A router is a better solution.

The USB modem needs two USB sockets as one only provides 500mA and the Modem needs more than 500mA.

Search threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭richie.c

I have mine set up using 2 pc's a desktop and a laptop.
    The modem is connected to the desktop and the desktop connected to the router. The laptop is wireless. I'm using ccproxy as the proxy server and it all works well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

The usb modem has one usb interface ,mini usb,thats it and a slot ,for the 3 sim card.i,m just curious is the extra cable for connected the 3 modem to a mobile,or pda for net browsing.THE cable must be there 4 some reason.

Advertisement