Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A fishy Tale !!

Options
  • 22-11-2007 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

A man called at the Riley house. The door was answered by Mrs Riley.

"Good afternoon. I'm looking for Mr Riley."

"I'm Mrs Riley. Can I help you?"

"I'm afraid not. It's Fishing Club business. Could you tell me where I can find him?"

"Just go down to the river and look for a stick with a worm on both ends."

trout fisherman was at it for two weeks before he landed his first fish. He sent off a telegram to his wife:

"I've got one. It's a beauty. Weighs eight pounds. Be home Saturday."

The next day a telegram was delivered to his hotel from his wife:

"I've got one. It's a beauty. Weighs seven pounds. Looks like you. Come home at once."
    A fisherman on his way home with a good catch was stopped by a nosy parker.
    "Been fishing?"

"Yeah."

"You've done well. What bait you using?"

"Chewing tobacco."

"No kidding. How do you use it?"

"You put it on the hook like ordinary bait. You cast like always. The fish snaps at it and pulls back. When he comes to the surface to spit, you bang him over the head with a stick."

There were no further questions.

A man took his family on a holiday down the bay. With them was his wife's mother. Two days after they arrived, the old lady went missing.

The wife was very upset but her husband reassured her:

"She's probably staying the night with friends. Don't worry. If she doesn't turn up tomorrow I'll see the police."

But the old lady didn't turn up that night, or the next day either.

Accordingly the husband fronted up at the police station. He gave a description of his mother-in-law and the clothes she was wearing. When he had it all down, the sergeant said:

"I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but this morning we found your mother-in-law floating in Deep Creek with twelve crayfish attached to her."

"Gosh. The wife's going to be very upset about this."

"What would you like us to do with her?"

"You have six, and I'll have six, and set her again tonight."

Advertisement